jessi-mj

Mojave 10.14.5 on HP Spectre x360 with i7-8565U

Hi,

I searched the forum but cannot find anything on this build.

My config is:

I7-8565U

Intel UHD 620

4k touch display

16GB Ram

1TB NVMe Toshiba M.2 SSD

I am running Mojave only / No windows currently.

Used this fantastic guide

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321872-guide-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina-on-mobos-serie-100-200-300-skylake-kabylake-coffeelake-dsdt/

And clover folder for NOTEBOOKS CHIPSET SERIES SKYLAKE+ 100.200.300.zip

Now I can boot into Mac os using USB (although pretty much nothing works incl. touchpad and keyboard), however when I try to boot from HDD (using the same clover folder), All I get when clover loads is background image and no drives show up.

This is really the first step before getting all else to work...

Any help would be appreciated.

• Administrators

[ref]jessi-mj[/ref], send me files, ill check

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

@MaLd0n Thanks for reply.

I attach send me files.

The exact model is HP X360 Spectre 13-ap0010na

I also attached a clover folder of another user (Clover-x360.zip) who apparently got majority of onboard stuff to work including touch screen, trackpad, keyboard, graphics etc (except for wifi card), but for some reason I cannot get past 'End RandomSeed++++++++' while booting from hdd using this folder. Tried various memory fixes but did not work :(.

I'd be very grateful for some help.

Michael

Send me Michaels-MacBook-Pro.zip

CLOVER - X360.zip

• Administrators

[ref]jessi-mj[/ref], try it, reboot and extract new send_me

EFI.zip

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

Thank you @MaLd0n

I replaced my EFI folder with yours and rebooted from HDD. The output is like this (no HDD showing)

1.jpg?dl=0

I attached the new Send_me file.

Also I tried to boot by pressing ESC then F9 / and manually selecting the BootX64.efi file from BOOT folder. It then displays HDD and when I boot from it it gets stuck right after 'end randomseed++++++'

Added in 4 minutes 7 seconds:

Sorry, did not attach image:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j75nsxi2k02h33z/1.jpg?dl=0

Just clover logo...

• Administrators

[ref]jessi-mj[/ref], replace efi and install clover again

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

@MaLd0n

I've got some help from another user with similar laptop. Apparently there is some bug in HP’s firmware that involves loading PreLoader.efi which will then look for a file in the same directory called “loader.efi”. If secure boot is disabled, PreLoader.efi will chain load the file called loader.efi without any other configuration.

I attached the new send_me file for your reference.

With my current EFI most seems to be working fine except for WIFI (killer as far as I know), bluetooth and camera. Did not yet find a way to turn screen or lock keyboard when using laptop in tablet mode.... Battery seems to be draining quite fast so will have to look into it...

Hi,

I've nearly the same laptop (HP Spectre x360), the only difference is a 2k touch display and a 512GB SSD.

Everything is working well (including touch screen, trackpad, keyboard, sound).. I've taken the Clover files in this topic,

the only issue is the internal display.

I get blackscreen, if I want to start from the SSD.

If I plug my external display, everything is working fine, but the internal is still black.

The Display is detected in "about this Mac" as "Built-in Display, 15,5 inch (1920 x 1080) UHD Graphics 620 1536MB".

I'm at my wits end at this point.

I'm very grateful for any help.

• Administrators

[ref]strikers[/ref], use hackintool for video patch

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

On 9/6/2019 at 7:01 AM, jessi-mj said:

@MaLd0n

I've got some help from another user with similar laptop. Apparently there is some bug in HP’s firmware that involves loading PreLoader.efi which will then look for a file in the same directory called “loader.efi”. If secure boot is disabled, PreLoader.efi will chain load the file called loader.efi without any other configuration.

I attached the new send_me file for your reference.

With my current EFI most seems to be working fine except for WIFI (killer as far as I know), bluetooth and camera. Did not yet find a way to turn screen or lock keyboard when using laptop in tablet mode.... Battery seems to be draining quite fast so will have to look into it...

Send me Michaels-MacBook-Pro.zip 9.16 MB · 21 downloads

Thanks for your EFI ! I successfully installed 10.15.6 with it. But I noticed that touchpad, brightness do not work.

Following the patch instructions on https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/guide-hp-spectre-x360-13-ap0037tu-late-2018.295518/page-4#post-2153788 could solve these problems.

For the WIFI and bluetooth, thanks to https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/HeliPort and https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware , now built-in Wi-Fi and bluetooth work fine now. ( Airdrop and handoff are impossible )

I have uploaded my EFI on github: https://github.com/SeptemberHX/HP-Spectre-X360-13-late-2018-Hackintosh

Thanks for your EFI again.