Jedispara

Lion on Intel DX58S0 - Need help

Well, rebooted several times with the new kext in there and it seems to be working fine. And when i run compatibility check with the program "System Info" the marvell driver shows a checkmark. But the DVD drive doesn't register, either in the system profile, or when a disk is inserted.

Try this one

http://www.osx86.net/view/87-appleviaata_for_snow_leopard.html

Too bad there isnt a more automated way to extract and patch the DSDT. Does anyone have a good DSDT guide on how to create and modify?

I wrote a basic guide here http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=634

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

OK, so with that last driver, the DVD drive is showing up in the System Profile, both under ATA and Disk Drive. Now initially i had the drive plugged into the "lower" or the one closer to the motherboard and the drive didn't show, but when i plugged it into the upper one it shows up.

However, i've put in an audio disk several times and each time iTunes loads fine, it pulls the CD information. But as soon as i start to play a track it goes to 0:00 and holds there. the Drive light doesn't show any activity, but my hard drive light goes on solid. I also told it to not import the CD.

Please read through this entire thread. I've used the VoodooHDA.kext that is posted in this thread and gotten full audio working.

In regardes to the DVD player, still no luck getting it to work. When i boot up the system, the drive shows all the proper information, but the minute you stick in a disk it practically freezes. The system still functions, and i can do anything else, but the disk drive becomes un-available and even refuses to eject the disk.

Should i try to get the firmware for the DVD drive updated? or just try getting a different dvd drive, one that is fully supported? If I need a new DVD drive, anything i should look out for?

I've done some more digging and it seems like the problem is that Lion doesn't want to interact with something that is labeled as IDE even though it is plugged into a SATA port. I suspect this is a limitation of the bios, that these ports wont run as AHCI (which i'm assuming would remove the problem). I have acouple of spare PCIE ports and after reading a post on tonycrap i think i'm going to get a PCIE Sata card that runs natively on AHCI and that has been tested to work OOB with no kexts.

http://tonycrapx86.blogspot.com/2011/08/increasing-disk-performance-sata-6gbs.html

I will wait until monday, but if anyone has any comments on this and whether this is a good idea, please let me know.

So i've got my machine running quite stably, and it has been for some time now, but i keep having an issue (notably only in games like WoW and SC2, but sometimes on the desktop), where the mouse cursor will hang in place while the video continues and then a second or 2 later catch up. I was wondering if you had any knowledge on how to fix this/what is causing it.

*EDIT* I should also say that it seems to come and go, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, its really odd.

Thanks in advance!