onemanosx

[Guide] - Brightness Hotkey Remapping

• Administrators

[ref]juanvascas[/ref], use terminal

log show | grep -i acpidebug

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

Nice I can actually see something but not with every special key for example if I press F11 nothing happens (which should be my brightness down) same with F12 which I want as brightness up but if I press Fn+F11 it is typed in the terminal windows: [[23~ and if I press Fn+F12 it types: ^[[24~

Edit: Got some ACPIDebug lines but they are kind of the same and they happened all at once. A couple seconds later same thing happened and it now ended the show log of ACPIDebug by itself.

Terminal Saved Output.txt

[ref]juanvascas[/ref], Are you using voodoops2controller kext? The debug is only useful if you use voodoops2controller for keyboard.

Donate

Gitter Chat

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro- Black Edition VN7-592G/HM170 Chipset

Intel i7-6700HQ, 8GB RAM (UEFI Clover Catalina)

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Intel i5-8600 16GB RAM Asus Radeon RX580 8GB (UEFI Clover Catalina)

Is it possible for you to take a look of why ACPI patch is not applying properly? I tried patching it with latest MaciASL and verified that ACPIDebug.kext loaded but I was not seeing any ACPIDebug output in the system log.

Thanks.

Your DSDT is not patched with RH debug code

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

@onemanosx , is it possible to make the same guide with acpi hotpatching?

The process of figuring out the hotkeys are similar with RH acpidebug method. In order to implement into SSDT, one just need to translate the code into SSDT implementation and not forgetting renaming device to "NULL" (in clover).

Recently, I just did a "make-over" patch for my laptop running OpenCore. And the output is just as such in the screenshot.

Here, you can see the patched code in SSDT, original code in DSDT and the renaming of hotkey button in OC's config.plist

https://imgur.com/C8x9yGG

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Wow very simple straight forward guide and it worked even if I see some (lagginess?) but I still like it :smoke: thanks :frantics

Hack Pro: Asus Strix Z590i, i9-11900K, RX 6900 XT, 1TB Samsung QVO SSD, RAM 16GB Corsair RGB @3200Mhz (Big Sur) OC

Hackbook Pro: (MSI GE63 Raider RGB) i7-8750H, Intel UHD 630, GTX1070 8GB(disabled), 16GB RAM @2666Mhz (Big Sur) OC

but I'm still unable to map my brightness keys

Upon finding your EC method for brightness keys, did you proceed to the next step of patching DSDT?

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Hi [ref]onemanosx[/ref], I did patch my DSDT but forgot to edit _QD, QC :hammer ...now got my brightness keys mapped properly :cap , been looking for this kind of tutorial, hope you can make one for native power management cause my battery drains very fast, thank you for kind help, you guys are awesome! kudos to [ref]MaLd0n[/ref] as well :guitar:guitar:guitar

Hi [ref]onemanosx[/ref], I did patch my DSDT but forgot to edit _QD, QC :hammer ...now got my brightness keys mapped properly :cap , been looking for this kind of tutorial, hope you can make one for native power management cause my battery drains very fast, thank you for kind help, you guys are awesome! kudos to [ref]MaLd0n[/ref] as well :guitar:guitar:guitar

Congrats! You may check out Useful Links for power management guide and others

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Congrats! You may check out Useful Links for power management guide and others

Sorry to bother you for the off topic again, but can you shed some light where should I start to make my battery works normal? one full charge only drains less half an hour :cry:

[ref]raelee[/ref], I use CPUFriend + CPUFriendDataProvider kexts for my laptop. Works great.

https://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8268

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

@onemanosx

Hi

After completing the guide I got EC Q66 and was F11 and F12,Have any suggestions

Thanks

technically, you should have 2 EC methods. One for increase and another for decrease. I suggest you check your work again.

You can also paste the below code into terminal. The result will tell you which EC methods are being used.

log show | grep -i acpidebug

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic