[Guide] - Brightness Hotkey Remapping

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is just a re-written instructional based on the posts mentioned below. The only difference between this guide and the rest is the pictorial presentation aimed for new hackintoshers (myself includ

the patches is done, check ur procedure

into method label _Q13 replace_content begin Store(HKNO, Local0)\n If (LEqual(Local0,7))\n {\n // Brightness Down\n Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)\n }\n If (LEqual(Local0,8))\n {\n // Brightn

Posted Images

Nice I can actually see something but not with every special key for example if I press F11 nothing happens (which should be my brightness down) same with F12 which I want as brightness up but if I press Fn+F11 it is typed in the terminal windows: [[23~ and if I press Fn+F12 it types: ^[[24~

Edit: Got some ACPIDebug lines but they are kind of the same and they happened all at once. A couple seconds later same thing happened and it now ended the show log of ACPIDebug by itself.

Terminal Saved Output.txt

Is it possible for you to take a look of why ACPI patch is not applying properly? I tried patching it with latest MaciASL and verified that ACPIDebug.kext loaded but I was not seeing any ACPIDebug output in the system log.

Thanks.

Your DSDT is not patched with RH debug code

@onemanosx , is it possible to make the same guide with acpi hotpatching?

The process of figuring out the hotkeys are similar with RH acpidebug method. In order to implement into SSDT, one just need to translate the code into SSDT implementation and not forgetting renaming device to "NULL" (in clover).

Recently, I just did a "make-over" patch for my laptop running OpenCore. And the output is just as such in the screenshot.

Here, you can see the patched code in SSDT, original code in DSDT and the renaming of hotkey button in OC's config.plist

https://imgur.com/C8x9yGG

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi [ref]onemanosx[/ref], I did patch my DSDT but forgot to edit _QD, QC :hammer ...now got my brightness keys mapped properly :cap , been looking for this kind of tutorial, hope you can make one for native power management cause my battery drains very fast, thank you for kind help, you guys are awesome! kudos to [ref]MaLd0n[/ref] as well :guitar:guitar:guitar

Hi [ref]onemanosx[/ref], I did patch my DSDT but forgot to edit _QD, QC :hammer ...now got my brightness keys mapped properly :cap , been looking for this kind of tutorial, hope you can make one for native power management cause my battery drains very fast, thank you for kind help, you guys are awesome! kudos to [ref]MaLd0n[/ref] as well :guitar:guitar:guitar

Congrats! You may check out Useful Links for power management guide and others

Congrats! You may check out Useful Links for power management guide and others

Sorry to bother you for the off topic again, but can you shed some light where should I start to make my battery works normal? one full charge only drains less half an hour :cry:

• 4 weeks later...

@onemanosx

Hi

After completing the guide I got EC Q66 and was F11 and F12,Have any suggestions

Thanks

technically, you should have 2 EC methods. One for increase and another for decrease. I suggest you check your work again.

You can also paste the below code into terminal. The result will tell you which EC methods are being used.

log show | grep -i acpidebug