onemanosx

Enable I2C Trackpad (VoodooI2C) - Not a Guide... not really

So I was suggested this: You have a duplicate _CRS method, that leads to issues. Rename the original _CRS to XCRS with a Clover config.plist rename (Use a TgtBridge of TPD1, you absolutely don't want to rename all of the _CRS methods, just TPD1._CRS) and that this SSDT should be good. However I do not know hot to rename that with clover config.plist and also I do not understand why is the SSDT ok if it does not have a pin for the device.

So I was suggested this: You have a duplicate _CRS method, that leads to issues. Rename the original _CRS to XCRS with a Clover config.plist rename (Use a TgtBridge of TPD1, you absolutely don't want to rename all of the _CRS methods, just TPD1._CRS) and that this SSDT should be good. However I do not know hot to rename that with clover config.plist and also I do not understand why is the SSDT ok if it does not have a pin for the device.

Add these patches to your config.plist. Since you are injecting GPI0 SSDT, you might also want to rename GPI0 status, too.

Your SSDT has GPI0 pin defined. No Idea why you are insistent its otherwise.

<key>Patches</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>change GPI0._STA to XSTA</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				X1NUQQ==
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				WFNUQQ==
				</data>
				<key>TgtBridge</key>
				<data>
				R1BJMA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Rename _CRS to XCRS (TPD1)</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				X0NSUw==
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				WENSUw==
				</data>
				<key>TgtBridge</key>
				<data>
				VFBEMQ==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>

Donate

Gitter Chat

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro- Black Edition VN7-592G/HM170 Chipset

Intel i7-6700HQ, 8GB RAM (UEFI Clover Catalina)

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Intel i5-8600 16GB RAM Asus Radeon RX580 8GB (UEFI Clover Catalina)

Yay long journey heh thanks for all the help man. I only need to get headphone mic working and proper switching when headphones are unplugged do you know anything of the ALCPlugFix?

I use this https://github.com/hackintosh-stuff/ComboJack?fbclid=IwAR1fIe7W1DlkvJus4wMT-8VUQW9abwFEYXr53sGFMVHT09vtZDYzpIn8mtg

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Should I use an ssdt? I currently have one when because I used codecommander. I tried the above solution and I get some weird noise when I plug my headphones.

Saw it uses layout 72 when I use 13. And also found this https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/tool-wip-new-alcplugfix-tool-with-custom-hda-verb-commands-support.260266/ but not sure how to adapt it for alc256

[ref]juanvascas[/ref], I dont use codec commander nor sddt. But, if your laptop requires it.

You should choose the best layout id for your codec.

Edited by Guest

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Should I use an ssdt? I currently have one when because I used codecommander. I tried the above solution and I get some weird noise when I plug my headphones.

Saw it uses layout 72 when I use 13. And also found this https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/tool-wip-new-alcplugfix-tool-with-custom-hda-verb-commands-support.260266/ but not sure how to adapt it for alc256

What file should I modify from the solution you mentioned to change it to use id 13?

Edited by Guest

May it be because of the layout id?

Should always choose the best layout id. Try all id and see which sounds and works best.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

[ref]juanvascas[/ref], I will assume that you inject layout ID via config.plist. Look under audio or device properties. Or, can also be injected via ssdt.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

[ref]juanvascas[/ref], reboot?

Hackintosh combojack support for alc256/alc255.
Confirmed to work on dell xps 13 9350/9360(alc256) and Xiaomi Air(i5-7200U, alc255)
1. Delete CodecCommander.kext,put ComboJack_Installer/VerbStub.kext in Clover/kexts/Other
2. Run ComboJack_Installer/install.sh in terminal and reboot
3. Done. When you attach a headphone there will be a popup asking about headphone type.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

[ref]juanvascas[/ref], All you need is Lilu+ AppleALC kext. It is worth to test every layout id and find which works best.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

[ref]juanvascas[/ref], All you need is Lilu+ AppleALC kext. It is worth to test every layout id and find which works best.

I am actually not using AppleALC, I once saw it in a post but it said ALC256 has to use clover boot flag of applealcbeta, should I? Also was the solution you told me a couple days before planned with AppleALC?

I am actually not using AppleALC, I once saw it in a post but it said ALC256 has to use clover boot flag of applealcbeta, should I? Also was the solution you told me a couple days before planned with AppleALC?

the bootflag ia not required. And yes, the solution ia for applealc only.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Hey you audio solution worked! I am not sure why on like the third try it worked. I am now seeking to have a patched DSDT, however I once used a DSDT which is the one from this post:

I think I have finally got it working patching the DSDT. It may be a lot of work to get all SSDT patches to the DSDT so I may rely on hotpatches. I am unsure how to create a proper SSDT out of the DSDT to enable the I2C. Can you help me get it?

Oh I also applied the Windows 10 patch from the VoodooI2C repo in case it has to be added to the SSDT as well.

However I was trying to make a new one with different patches and my PC reboots, tried with the one that I first had VoodooI2C on interrupt mode which is the one from the post above and same. Even with the intact one you once fixed for me reboots at the middle of macOS loading, which is weird because I once was able to boot and I am tried with the config.plist I was using at the time you started helping me.

I wonder if the system DSDT changed somehow so I want to get a new clean DSDT.dsl for patching and I would like to ask if you can decompile it and fix errors if possible so I can try again.

I do not want to decompile it with RehabMan iASL as it may be too old but I am not sure how to compile the latest one. Did to understand from the repo that has latest MaciASL

Also I get a somehow slow boot, it seems like Clover applies the DSDT hot patches from the config.plist multiple times according to the bootlog right?

Thanks!

origin.zip

bootlog.txt

[ref]juanvascas[/ref], When you apply a patch directly to DSDT, you should also remove all related clover patches referenced to it.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic