fickerr

When do I need the DSDT?

Hi,

I want macOS mojave on my Asus Zenbook UX303l. Problem is that I wasn't able to install it (reboot with no error after apple logo while the installer was loading).

the run.me app should run on the already installed hackintosh, right? so I should not need DSDT and SSDT patches for the install?

I'm a bit confused what the correct way is to create the installation usb stick with clover.

I have an original macbook and tried it with unishit there. I also tried it with terminal and manual clover installation.

What is the correct config.plist that I should use for the installation?

thanks for help in advance

• Administrators

[ref]fickerr[/ref], try install with -x(safe mode), this option disable some drivers and avoid some problems

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

[ref]fickerr[/ref], you shld be able to install without the use of patched dsdt or ssdt. However, a patched table is recommended after installation.

If you are using unishit, its best to seek assistance at their centralised forum. Here, we encourage to use vanilla image with clover or premade vanilla image by Olarila. The latter is widely used by new hackintoshers here.

Donate

Gitter Chat

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro- Black Edition VN7-592G/HM170 Chipset

Intel i7-6700HQ, 8GB RAM (UEFI Clover Catalina)

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Intel i5-8600 16GB RAM Asus Radeon RX580 8GB (UEFI Clover Catalina)

ok that clears things a bit. different ways for the same goal..

you can easily lose the overview about all the different tutorials out there.

• [list=]
  • renamed config2.plist to config.plist and tried to boot.

• [list=]
  • clover showed up and it got stuck at ++++++++++++++

[list=]used clover configurator to choose OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi instead AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.

now it gets stuck at:

root device uuid is ...
End Random Seed
Error allocating 0x5f63 pages at 0x00000000f794000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area

Another thing I don't understand right now is when I need this: http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6255

Can I use the clover folder from the mojave olarilla image and the config2.plist for notebooks. Or do I have to replace it with the ones for the broadwell chipset. (why doesn't this contain a config2 for notebooks?

Added in 26 minutes 9 seconds:

I tried to start over installing the image not with etcher but with the terminal.

with -x argument in clover I sometimes get, sometimes the same error as above.

ERROR!!!! Load prelinked kernel with status 0x800000..0e
Error loading kernel cache (0xe)

[ref]fickerr[/ref],

1. config02.plist are meant for laptops with optimus dgpu. This config contains settings to disable optimus dgpu which is not supported by MacOS.

2. For bios setting, a good starting point is to watch this video starts at 2 min mark https://youtu.be/Qxoh0BXVYt0?t=130

3. Generally AptioMemoryFix-64 + emuvariable is working for most setup.

4. In any scenerio, upon success of installation and able to boot without USB, users are encouraged to fine tune their system by DSDT patchings or additional kexts as needed by individual builds. Not all builds are the same as you may have noticed.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

hm I tried this steps now:

- install mojave Olarila image via terminal

- use config.plist (with aptiomemoryfix-64, (+emu), osxaptiofix3drv

- replaced the clover folder with the one from there http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6255

either the above error messages pop up or its stuck at +++++++++++++ and doesn't start the installer.

do I have to modify the SMBIOS before installation? because that is blank in all configs from here. but in your youtube tutorials it seems to work without big trouble.

any idea in which direction I have to dig more to get a solution?

use config.plist (with aptiomemoryfix-64, (+emu), osxaptiofix3drv

delete aptiofix3drv.

You should use the original clover folder. The clover replacement only after success of installation.

What about bios config? Have you looked into it?

Personally, has had used Olarila images to install with no issues and without messing around with the config most of the time.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

ok I start over again with putting the oralila.raw image on the usb drive using terminal and using the config.plist without touching anything.

My bios settings are:

- Intel Virtualization Technology disabled

- Intel AES-NI disabled

- VT-d disabled

- Sata Mode Selection AHCI

- Graphics Configuration DVMT Pre-Allocated 128M

- Network Stack disabled

- USB Configuration

Legacy USB Support Enabled

XHCI Pre-Boot Mode Enabled

USB Mass Storage Driver Support Enabled

- Fast Boot disabled

- Launch CSM disabled

- Secure Boot Control disabled

Added in 54 minutes 17 seconds:

doens't help, I still get the ++++++++++++ freeze

"if you have a problem in ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ screen, use OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi instead AptioMemoryFix-64.efi"

no matter which driver I choose.

with the included config.plist I have no like no matter what bios settings and arguments I try.

With the attached config.plist I get at least past the ++++++++ screen.

I added the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext because that is recommend for the Asus Zenbook Trackpads.

But now I got stuck at another error (see picture)

Added in 8 minutes 6 seconds:

I have a Asus Zenbook UX303L and changed the Intel Wifi/BT to Broadcom DW1830

IMG_20181129_225216.thumb.jpg.4f892ff2364762ac769f4132e868b076.jpg

config.plist.zip

Other.zip

[ref]fickerr[/ref], I had mentioned that you do not need patched DSDT/SSDT to run installer. I am not at my working mac to look at your config, however, it is always good to disable "unnecessary" kexts such as trackpad & wifi at this point (you may need voodoops2controller for your keyboard tho). This is what I gather from the verbose that the 2 kexts you added are causing the "hang". You may also try to boot with -x bootflag as suggested by Mald0n earlier the thread.

Edit: Try the attached and report back. Thanks.

Archive.zip

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

You may also try to boot with -x bootflag as suggested by Mald0n earlier the thread.

I tried that with no luck. without the additional kexts I didn't pass the +++++++++++++++++ screen, no matter what bios options or clover boot arguments I tried.

Edit: Try the attached and report back. Thanks.

..I have to thank for your help :)

with your kexts in other and the config.plist I got stuck here:

IMG_20181130_141433.thumb.jpg.4b2c78ee51f6685317ef506a15af3e79.jpg

did u wait long enough before the 'no entry' sign is shown or you just reboot when the screen dont move? At least we dont see the appleps2controller error now

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

to block a kext find the kext you want to block eg backlight -applebacklight in the boot args do not delete

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Sapphire rx 5700 XT, fractal celcius s36

:superman:superman

HP Notebook - 15-ay028ca (Touch), 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4, Intel HD Graphics 520 1536 MB

Asus z97-c i5, i5 4460, 32 GB 1648 MHz DDR3, Radeon RX 560 4096 MB, Corsair H75 Liquid CPU Cooler

did u wait long enough before the 'no entry' sign is shown or you just reboot when the screen dont move? At least we dont see the appleps2controller error now

yes it comes a while after the text in the picture, the text is then unclear and unreadable.

to block a kext find the kext you want to block eg backlight -applebacklight in the boot args do not delete

but I did put in the kext in the efi/kext/other directory before, so deleting it from there is only like going back a step?

is the filename the kextname for the argument?

On older tutorials about similar laptops to my Zenbook ux303l they all talk about that driver: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/guide-asus-zenbook-ux303la-broadwell-edition.172279/

https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/guide-asus-zenbook-ux305fa-for-el-capitan.185917/

https://github.com/LukaJankovic/10.12-zenbook-ux303u

unfortunately I can't get the mojave installer to run with that old manuals.

using only FakeSMC.kext and ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

+

RehabMan's config file config_HD5300_5500_5600_6000.plist

I got it booting to the language selection of the macos installer. Problem now is that the keyboard and touchpad don't work there.

what I don't understand is how I can get the correct kext file from the zip files there: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

for example the newest SmartTouchpad v4.7 beta 5.zip doesn't contain the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext file.

how do I get the correct kext file out of that?

config.plist.zip

kexts.zip

SmartTouchpad v4.7 beta 5.zip

[ref]fickerr[/ref], congrats on your progress. I personally never used SmartTouchpad for my laptop. However, the link you provided has the How to install section. Most likely you'll have to use an external keyboard and mouse to continue installation before finally able to install the third party kext

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

:guitar:guitar with external mouse + keyboard the installation worked. (I had to enable CSM in BIOS to get correct graphics for the installer)

strangely when I download the smarttouchpad v47 beta zip file now it automatically is the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext.

With that the keyboard and touchpad work (with some problems)

currently I have this main problems:

- touchpad scrolling is slow

- normal touchpad speed is also slow even when set to max speed in settings

- 4 finger gestures don't work (maybe due to hardware restrictions?)

- Keyboard Backlight doesn't work

- Display Backlight is low

- it Says Intel Ires Graphics 6100 although it is HD 5500

- Audio doesn't work

- battery percentage is shown as 0%, it recognizes a plugged in power cable but says "not loading"

- my DW 1830 Wifi/BT Card worked for WLAN without additional drivers but Bluetooth doesn't work. (Maybe because the card has 3 antenna pins, and in the zenbook are only 2 antennas which I connected for now?)

[ref]onemanosx[/ref], [ref]MaLd0n[/ref] can you help me? attached the run.me generated zip

Send me.zip

Done. Now it hangs at "AsusNBFnKeys: Cannot find the method ALSS." It repeats that for a couple of times and then shows the no entry sign.

Added in 12 minutes 54 seconds:

..but that message comes with the running clover config too.

After waiting this error shows up:

Screenshot_20181201-100401__01__01.thumb.jpg.dde99aa315f59630b272e0d85a39dc4b.jpg

[ref]fickerr[/ref], I am afraid the offending kext is the ApplePs2 kext for your keyboard and trackpad.

Try other versions, maybe. Sorry, cant help with this issue.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic