onemanosx

How to Stay within 15 ports limit using UsbInjectall and Clover boot argument

best is for 3rd party kexts to be in the clover/kexts/other as is there comes an issue you can block the kext in the options section of clover boot screen other than trying through terminal

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Sapphire rx 5700 XT, fractal celcius s36

:superman:superman

HP Notebook - 15-ay028ca (Touch), 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4, Intel HD Graphics 520 1536 MB

Asus z97-c i5, i5 4460, 32 GB 1648 MHz DDR3, Radeon RX 560 4096 MB, Corsair H75 Liquid CPU Cooler

Hello guys!

First of all, sorry for my bad English!

I have a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master motherboard and I used thtis repo for EFI:https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh/

I made a patch for UHD 630, and changed the SMBIOS, but the remaining configs are from this repo. This EFI has a USBMap for this motherboard too. But I have a problem and I can't find any solution. My USB ports stop working randomly. The mouse and keyboard just freeze, and if I plug in again the peripherals, it won't work, i have to restart my computer. Do you have any idea, or solution for this problem?

[ref]tthdm[/ref], Looking at the repo, you might want to add usbinjectall and xhci-unsupported kexts to your kexts/other folder.

Donate

Gitter Chat

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro- Black Edition VN7-592G/HM170 Chipset

Intel i7-6700HQ, 8GB RAM (UEFI Clover Catalina)

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Intel i5-8600 16GB RAM Asus Radeon RX580 8GB (UEFI Clover Catalina)

[ref]tthdm[/ref], Looking at the repo, you might want to add usbinjectall and xhci-unsupported kexts to your kexts/other folder.

Thank you, for the answer!

I added these kexts, and the usb was working for about 40-50 minutes, then this stopped working until i restarted the pc.

I made a repo of my kext folder, can you check it? I hope i've just made a mistake in config, or something.

The repo: https://github.com/Sloth404/Z390-Aorus-Master-Mojave-Hackintosh

Looks more like a hardware issue.Describe again in detail, how your USB "stopped" working. Was it a total build freeze or just the USB device? Any specific device or all USB ports not working?

Use the RunME app and upload your resulting files.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

I can't use the RunME app, becuse it fails at the IORegistry section and can't continue the progress. Only the USB's freeze, the build is running (e.g. i watched a youtube wideo, the usb just freezed and the video continued, so..). All usb ports not working. I tried to unplug the mouse, and keyboard, then plug in again, but it didn't work. I'm just using the build as usual, and random all of the usb ports stop working and the only thing i can do is restart my computer. Then this happens again.

[ref]tthdm[/ref], I cant tell off hand what is going on without dump files. Not sure if you have any 3rd party kexts in SLE or LE which might be the culprit. Or how you got your build installed. I say, do a fresh vanilla install and see if the problem arises again.

It is strange that your modern build is acting this way, tho.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

[ref]tthdm[/ref], make sure to open your system pref then go to security an privacy select privacy look for accessability an add run me app to that an try the run me app again

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Sapphire rx 5700 XT, fractal celcius s36

HP Notebook - 15-ay028ca (Touch), 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4, Intel HD Graphics 520 1536 MB

Asus z97-c i5, i5 4460, 32 GB 1648 MHz DDR3, Radeon RX 560 4096 MB, Corsair H75 Liquid CPU Cooler

I added every permission that i could but still stucks at this:

Saving IOReg...

IOREG dump failed. Retrying

Increased delay x2 for IOREG dump. This will take a while...(33 sec)

I'm using your 10.4.4 distro, I installed that, and used the EFI that I copied there previously.

reinstall as a distro will cause issues reinstall with the Olarila image

[ref]tthdm[/ref], you also mentioned you are using efi from a github repo. So I dont know which is true. And definitely you dont need battery kext for a desktop?

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

[ref]tthdm[/ref], open a new thread as your post is not related to port limits

I'm using this image: https://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6743

Yes, I'm using EFI from a github repo, and the second repo is my efi. I didn't know that i don't need battery kext, I just put everything to my efi folder, because I thought this will work, because the repo's owner has a working build with same parts with this EFI. I can't run any RunME app, because any version I use, it will give me the same error, because IORegistryTool freezes and I don't know what i shloud do with this problem.

the proper clover folder you need is here for your coffeelake cpu https://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8222

On a 8 Series mobos under Sierra it was enough to edit the DSDT to exclude the unused HS+SS ports to have the total number of 15 ports and rename the device to XHC. This way no kexts or patches were needed.

Could you clear me up how it is under Mojave 10.14.4?

Why do you need kexts? What is the new UIAC device for? Isn't it enough to just delete the unused ports anymore in the XHC.RHUB?

Thank you!

On a 8 Series mobos under Sierra it was enough to edit the DSDT to exclude the unused HS+SS ports to have the total number of 15 ports and rename the device to XHC. This way no kexts or patches were needed.

Could you clear me up how it is under Mojave 10.14.4?

Why do you need kexts? What is the new UIAC device for? Isn't it enough to just delete the unused ports anymore in the XHC.RHUB?

Thank you!

1. Kext is just like device driver in Windows.

2. Yes, you can edit your DSDT to remove unused ports instead of using UIAC-SSDT.aml

3. Yes, you can also omit using kext if you are able to call the needed device-id via DSDT.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic

Ok, thanks - so the theory did not change from Sierra to Mojave and from 8x to 3xx series...

In the past we had to rename XHC1 device to XHC in order to omit the Apple's own USB injector and to force macOS to inject USB ports from ACPI. Than all the ports from ACPI within the 15 ports limit were automatically injected by macOS.

I suppose that the _DSM with the right device-id is still needed than, so the right USB kext can attach to this device...

Can you confirm that by doing this 3 steps in the DSDT USB2/3 will work without any kexts or patches:

device is named to XHC,

ports number is reduced to the total of 15 in the XHC.RHUB,

_DSM with the right device-id is injected to XHC

???

Ok, thanks - so the theory did not change from Sierra to Mojave and from 8x to 3xx series...

In the past we had to rename XHC1 device to XHC in order to omit the Apple's own USB injector and to force macOS to inject USB ports from ACPI. Than all the ports from ACPI within the 15 ports limit were automatically injected by macOS.

I suppose that the _DSM with the right device-id is still needed than, so the right USB kext can attach to this device...

Can you confirm that by doing this 3 steps in the DSDT USB2/3 will work without any kexts or patches:

device is named to XHC,

ports number is reduced to the total of 15 in the XHC.RHUB,

_DSM with the right device-id is injected to XHC

???

The method works as how I did with my MSI build (read in guide section). Though I used ssdt with DSM method.

Donate

Gitter Chat

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic