AppleHDA Patcher General Discussion

Thanks for this crisp guide.

My laptop details

Dell Latitude E5280

Kabylake i5-7200U, HD 620

Audio Codec ALC225

macOS: 10.14.5

My results wIth AppleALC kext:

I am able to get audio with AppleALC kext and native AppleHDA kext with config.plist layout set to 33. Headphones don't work. They work with ACPIPlugFix, but headphone distortion starts after waking from sleep.

I am interested in using the AppleHDA patch to see if I can do better.

Result with Mirone AppleHDA Patch v1.9:

With fullpatched AppleHDA + DSDT Patches (LayoutID=2, HPET, IRQ) , the speaker icon is greyed out and Sound Output and Input have only USB Audio device if it is plugged inIn config.plist ACPI / HDAS renaming is done to HDEF and Device / Audio Layout = " " (Blank)

I tried everything as per your AppleHDA Patcher v1.9 guide.

All the problem reporting files are attached. Please help me to make the AppleHDA Audio patch work properly with all devices including headphone.

rachanta_problem_report.zip

Very useful app! the only problem is I'm losing the subwoofer sound of my laptop, can you please add 2+1 for laptops ?

Realtek alc898 in my case

Hack Pro: Asus Strix Z590i, i9-11900K, RX 6900 XT, 1TB Samsung QVO SSD, RAM 16GB Corsair RGB @3200Mhz (Big Sur) OC

Hackbook Pro: (MSI GE63 Raider RGB) i7-8750H, Intel UHD 630, GTX1070 8GB(disabled), 16GB RAM @2666Mhz (Big Sur) OC

Hello guys! Any of you know what to do when the system doesn't load AppleHDA.kext?

I've been reading a lot, looking for a solution but i did't find any..

I'm running Catalina 10.15.4 and I had the same issue with Mojave 10.14.6.

On Jarvis:

No audio codec found!

Be sure to have AppleHDA.kext installed and loaded.

Edited by Seetim

Ryzen 3400G @ 3.7Ghz | 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz | Gigabyte B450 Gaming X | Radeon RX 570 4GB | Samsung 750 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Hi, @Mirone! I'm having a strange issue with Catalina and ALC662 here... I've done the patch, installed the Kexts in the Clover folder, did the patches in config.plist and repaired permissions / rebuilt cache. All worked fine! Then I turned off my computer and when I turned it on again, it stoped working. But if I repair permissions / rebuilt cache it works again, it works again. What am I doing wrong? Here's my send me file if it helps: https://filebin.net/s1fifh5vlz7i41v3

Active hack:

• Intel DB85FL
  • Xeon E3 1220 V3
  • MSI GeForce 710 1GB
  • 8GB DDR3 1333
  • macOS Catalina