loibi93

Intel HD4000 with 63mb RAM

Hey guys :)

I started my 10.9.1 Hackintosh and got most of the hardware working. The only thing i didn't was the HD4000 from my Ivy Bridge i7. The reason i think its not is, because you have to adjust the initial ram amount in bios, but unfortunately i can't do that because there is no option for it. I also have a gt740m which i yet havent tried to get working, because till now i have not read enough how to do that. So my question is, is there a possibility to get my hd4000 working, or do i have to go with the gt740, and if so how do i do this ?

With best regards

I actually all the 12 efi strings provided in the link in your post and i got results from my screen turning completely off to just turning black but still being on and sometimes it booted normaly but the kexts werent loaded !

Am i right that it could be that when the screen just turned black, that the ports are messed up and it is outputing to my hdmi ? What to do then ?

So at least i got my HD4000 to be recognized in Systeminformations (with 1024mb) but i only get a signal with hdmi and there are still artefacts when going into launchpad or playing chess. Also youtube is still stuttering. All 3 kexts are loaded though. So what should i do ?

When your graphics card was being "recognized" as 64MB only, did your display work?

If yes, try to boot the way you were doing before, and then run this in the terminal:

ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayEDID

If nothing appears, then you probably need EDID injection.

What bootloader do you use?

If Clover, you may try these instructions for injecting your EDID: http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3836&start=200#p38079

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

When you ask for support, remember to tell the bootloader you use :)