nwileck

Dual Monitor

I installed mac os 10.9 (Mavericks) in my laptop but my monitor didn't show and i got raw data of my laptop lcd from windows then lcd work perfectly. But i have a problem. I want to show display dual monitor, when i connect external monitor with vga two displays show but system doesn't recognize dual monitor. System defines like one monitor. How can i adjust two monitor independently.

There are some guides to activate VGA, HDMI and LCD but they are all video card-specific. So the first thing you should do is to discover what is your integrated GPU. You can see it in your laptop specifications page over the internet or if you know your exact processor model (Intel Core i7 doesn't say much) you can also search its specifications.

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

When you ask for support, remember to tell the bootloader you use :)

I don't think so because if you don't have Intel HD 3000 then AppleIntelSNBGraphicsSB won't be loaded. You should discover what is your processor model and check if it has an integrated GPU. Intel Core i7 is not your processor model, it is just a very big family of processors. Check here on the left my processor model as an example.

By the way I own an HD 3000 and it is not necessary to edit kexts to enable HDMI. In this case one most probably needs to edit the DSDT though but the advantage is that for future installations you can still use the edited DSDT whereas an edited kext can only be made in post-installation.

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

Ok your processor doesn't have integrated GPU so you don't need to follow Intel HD Graphics guides. Your video output is certainly from your graphics card so you should search about it.

Let's say you boot your PC without any external monitor connected. Then you connect it to VGA output. What happens? I didn't clearly understand. See if HDMI works, I found some reports about HDMI working fine on this board, so it should work for you too.

I've never heard about using EDID for external monitors except for making some adjustments like frequency and colors, it should not be a solution if you have no image at all, I believe.

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail

When i connected external monitor, shows same screen on two displays means mirroring but when i open display settings in system preferences doesn't show two display, just show one display and there is not button for unselected mirroring. For HDMI i haven't tried before.

Are you using any patch to inject your display EDID? I've got the same behaviour once when I was injecting my display EDID on DSDT. The result was that it was forcing all the time the image to be shown on my laptop instead of an external device (but that happened to me on HDMI; haven't tested VGA).

If you don't need EDID injection, don't do it - I mean, if you can reach the graphics without it. And if you do need, I recommend doing it by Clover instead of patching the DSDT. That's how it works here.

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics#CustomEDID

If you need help for that just ask.

Mavericks 10.9.2 Retail