I'm still having fun with the vostro. The sleep enabler with NullCPUPowerManagement didn't improve anything. The Vostro still wouldn't wake up.

USB still is a problem. After installing the NEC/Renesa-drivers I could boot from a USB 3.0 hd once - with good speed. It took lots of restarts to make that. Also if a restart doesn't help it may help to let the vostro cool down and try again the next day as strange as it sounds. So it worked once, then after about half an hour the vostro crashed and at the moment it doesn't boot from USB.

Also - more important - the wake up issue might have to do with the USB problem as the kernel log seems to indicate.

USB seems to be a common problem on Dell notebooks.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13974_102-524465.html

One user found an interesting solution. He deactivated USB in the BIOS and activated it in the windows device manager. Then USB worked perfect.

I have the exact same laptop, and like everyone else i have experienced the same issues. It didn't happen very often at first, but it was extremely annoying. I tried updating the chipset drivers with each of the 2 new realeases and neither fixed the problem, after the second chipset update i applied just a couple days ago it actually got worse. I ended up calling dell and they basically uninstalled and reinstalled the chipsets again and ran Dell Support center software to do a bunch of system checks, didn't work, and actually my 2.0 port stopped working then as well. The sent out a repair guy to swap out the motherboard, daughter boards, and ports. When the repair guy brought it back i hooked up a thumb drive to the 2.0 port and it still did not work. we tried updating the chipset drivers again with the lates release from dell, 10-13-11, to no avail.

Here is the possible fix, it is really simple and I hope it works for others.

Shutdown your computer and remove anything connected through the usb ports. Restart and on the startup screen hit F2 for setup. go to advanced tab, then drop down to miscellaneous devices, disable external usb ports. then hit F10 to save and exit. Once your computer restarts go to device manager (click on start icon, right click on computer, select Manage) select device manager and in the roll out menu to the right expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers. there should be two lines with weird icons to the left instead of the typical usb connector icon. right click on each one one at a time and enable them. once enabled i restarted my computer and everything has been working fine sense.

I am not sure if this is the fix or if it actually was a hard ware issue, so i am curious if someone who is having the issue but has not had any hardware replaced can try it and see if it works. Please try this before reformatting the drive. They tried to get me to do that too.

Does that mean that it's not the hardware or the drivers but the BIOS?

But I don't know a way to activate USB with OSX. Also if I'm not wrong it would be a problem to boot from USB that way because the "USB-activator" needs to be loaded before the system is loaded from the USB hd.

Or the vostro would perhaps need a BIOS-hack. Maybe Dell looks at this not as a bug but as a feature, perhaps they want to make it a w7-only-machine. A Linux-user was told by the support that his USB-problem, that occurred just under Linux, not under windows, would not get fixed because the vostro would be for w7 only. 3550 owners seem to have less trouble than 3750 owners but I don't dare to try a 3550 BIOS.

In the list of patches for the motherboard, the Striker II Extreme is not there, how do I patch???

thanks...

Read this http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=634

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

If your mobo/laptop is not listed, you can use the individual patches or create a new patch based on other with same chipset.

I would appreciate your thoughts on how successful you think I'd be if I used the DSDT patch for an ASRock H67M-ITX:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.us.asp?Model=H67M-ITX&cat=Specifications

...as a baseline for an ASRock H77M-ITX:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.us.asp?Model=H77M-ITX&cat=Specifications :idea:

The H67M-ITX is in your library already (and I've used DSDT editor to patch successfully before). But I'm thinking the H77M-ITX is relatively new and not yet in the database. My thought was to first, extract DSDT from H77M-ITX, then open your patch file for the H67M-ITX and apply. Then apply the necessary patch for audio, compile, save, etc.

Do you think the boards are similar enough to where this would be successful? I've not purchased the H77M-ITX yet and just wanted to make sure that I could get a successful DSDT created first.

Thanks very much!! :D

You can try it. If some patches do not apply or cause compilation errors, then you need to adapt them.

Understood. Otherwise, to create my own patched DSDT, I would basically:

1. Use DSDT Editor to extract DSDT from the new mobo.

2. Follow the DSDT 101 post for all the "usual" patch items, then download & apply each patch.

3. Compile/save

...??

Hey guys.

I have a Samsung RF411 with OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 installed. I have used the motherboard specific patch from the database here to patch my DSDT. Just one question: does that patch contain the AppleLPC patch? Because, kextstat shows that AppleLPC isn't loaded, same with System Report-> Extensions. Why I'm asking is because I have a patched AICPM kext and SSDT, which load well, but somehow I still only get 2 pstates and NO Turbo Boost.

hello

take a good read here...

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

i don't undestand what u want ?

but i can tell u DSDT is not GOD

it helps if u hardware be compatible...

about the graphics see how to enable ...

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

• Administrators

hi the is my Run Me Files

Send me MACs-iMac.zip

my Run Me File

(2.5 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Added in 4 minutes 30 seconds:

Hi this is my R

Send me MACs-iMac.zip

(2.5 MiB) Not downloaded yet

un me File

DSDT.aml.zip

use our clover folder for serie 10, 20 and 30

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE