René Rhéaume

Installing Monterey on Lenovo M93p Tiny (i5-4570T, HD4600, no dGPU)

After my success with Big Sur, I would like to upgrade to Monterey. But this computer has a 4th generation Core i5 CPU, which Apple officially does not support for Monterey. When I run the installer from the USB key, I get the "MacOS Monterey cannot be installed on this computer" message. However, I know Monterey can be installed on such an old CPU, as I am writing this post on a MacBook Pro Retina 2013, sporting a Core i5-4288U CPU, on which I installed Monterey with the help of OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

Back to the M93p, I cannot use OCLP (it is not an old Mac). What should I change to my EFI folder or macOS installer USB key to be able to install Monterery?

Thanks in advance. I published my current EFI folder in the EFI folder collection forum.

On 9/5/2022 at 7:09 PM, René Rhéaume said:

After my success with Big Sur, I would like to upgrade to Monterey. But this computer has a 4th generation Core i5 CPU, which Apple officially does not support for Monterey. When I run the installer from the USB key, I get the "MacOS Monterey cannot be installed on this computer" message. However, I know Monterey can be installed on such an old CPU, as I am writing this post on a MacBook Pro Retina 2013, sporting a Core i5-4288U CPU, on which I installed Monterey with the help of OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

Back to the M93p, I cannot use OCLP (it is not an old Mac). What should I change to my EFI folder or macOS installer USB key to be able to install Monterery?

Thanks in advance. I published my current EFI folder in the EFI folder collection forum.

Change SMBIOS to Monterey Compatible 

On 9/7/2022 at 9:49 AM, datafeedexpert said:

Change SMBIOS to Monterey Compatible 

I tried to change the SMBIOS section of config.plist, and it still did not work. But when I do a search inside config.plist, I see entries of the old SMBIOS settings along with my modification.

How do I attach a screenshot on this forum?