xyzkompjuteri

Acer 5715Z, DSDT, SSDT and EIST

Hello to everyone.

For past few days I'm trying to install SL on this notebook, and I think that I'm close to that, sort of.

First let me explain what have I done so far.

Original SL 10.6.3 restored to USB, booted with iBoot from everybody know where.

Installed as usual, updated everything, copied in /E/E/ FakeSMC, ACPIMonitor, ElliottForceLegacyRTC, EvOreboot, NullCPUPowerManagement, installed Chameleon 2.2svn (svn-r2266), rebooted from HDD only with "-v arch=i386" and it worked, not well, but for the first time, just fine.

Problems with trackpad and keyboard, so I installed AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller to E/E/, but every reboot, without rebuilding the caches, stopped working. So, I copied to S/L/E/ and right now it's ok. Actually, E/E/ is empty.

Only kexts that I installed in S/L/E/ are:

FakeSMC, v3.3.1 with X3100 and IntelCPUMonitor plugins

BCM5722D under plugins of IONetworkingFamily

VoodooHDA 0.2.1

AppleACPIPS2Nub

ApplePS2Controller

Problem is, EIST don't work. I tried first with copying unmodified DSDT with all 7 SSDT in /Extra, bdmesg is full of information about the system, cpu, memory, everything is recognized, but with MSR Tools multiplier is 3 and speed is 1600, and with HW Monitor speed is only 800 MHz. HW Monitor actually see temps from both cores, GPU and HDD, voltages, speed and multiplier.

I tried fixing DSDT, with only DTGP, T_x rename and SMBUS patches from DSDT Editor, and I see in kernel.log that message "** AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider" is gone, so patching is working, but…

So, right now, I can't think of anything else. Somebody might have some new idea, it doesn't matter if it's crazy, using hammer or chainsaw, but might work. This isn't something sooo important, but nonetheless I would like to finish this little experiment, and than proceed with Lion, and maybe, just maybe with ML. Wireless isn't important for now, if everything else would and should work, I'm thinking of buying some compatible mini pcie.

Here is all tables, lspci, smbios and chameleon plist, if somebody is eager to see where the problem is.

Thanks for watching, reading, commenting, and, why not - helping??

Acer5715Z.zip

Acer Aspire 5715Z, CPU T2330, 1.60 GHz, Intel X3100, ICH-8M

2 GB DDR-2 533 MHz, SATA 160 GB, PATA DVD-RW, Realtec ALC268

Wired Broadcom BCM5906M, Atheros AR242x 5007EG

Snow Leopard 10.6.8

hello

what i read from u post ...

take a good read here

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1703

good hack

Thanks for quick reply, I appreciate it. I already read your post. With it's name it would be very, very obvious, don't you think? :-)

2. Already downloaded ssdtPRGen.sh, but source mention only "new" architecture of Intel CPU, this is one old, old Merom, first gen Core. It is somehow not obvious for lot's of people, but it is full blown Core 2 Duo CPU, only with 533 FSB and 1 MB cache. For that reason I put MacBook3,1 in smbios.plist.

3. Same as above, old arch.

4. Already tried with P and C states, Chameleon create only two states, but is fixed on max.

5. LPC is loaded, device ID is in Info.plist, so no need to do anything.

About Clover, already read all Wiki, and Slice posts on project(os)X forum about, but had some doubt about because it was under Lion section, and I don't see that lot's of people use Clover. MAybe because it's little bit difficult to manage.

I was thinking to install it to USB stick and to try to generate SSDT. What do you think about?

Thanks again for responding, I think that resolution is near, only don't see it, yet.

Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Hello

use this one

only enable

p and c-states=Yes

[attachment=0]DSDT.zip[/attachment]

good hack

Thanks again, this was quick. However, the same. I noticed that you and the others live in the future, so I will be grateful if you can tell me who won a match in Serie A Roma-Chievo that is playing tonight.

( Name (HACK, " Olarila.com thanks Mald0n e oldnapalm, artur_pt 01.11.2013 ")

I will try tonight with CLover on USB.

Thanks again.

Snow Leopard 10.6.8

hello

yes for me is already day 1

rsrsrsrs

one thing

try to use

macbookpro5,1

good hack

Well, it WORKED !!!!

MBP 5,1 with your DSDT and only P and C-states. bdmesg is continuing that is added only two states, but actually EIST is working. HW Monitor clearly show changes from 6x all the way to 12x, CPU Voltages also. MSR Tools shows all that plus 3x, but I think that this has to do with throttling FSB, not the multiplier.

I steel don't get it why this change, because IORegistryExplorer still list "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelMeromProfile". Only theory would be that MacBook3,1 has somewhat bad speedstep, and in MBP5,1 its fixed. Somebody will understand this, right now to tired to think.

Thanks again, may the force be with you...

Snow Leopard 10.6.8

UPDATE:

I was curious, so I compiled another DSDT, only with DTGP, T_x rename and SMBUS patches, copied every SSDT in extra, but keeping MBP5,1 smbios, and actually, EIST is working. Obviously, something with MB3,1 isn't good. So, thanks again.

This topic is SOLVED.

Snow Leopard 10.6.8