bob2001

Black Screen when Removing Disabler.kext....

Hi all,

I am trying to get Mavericks booting using Clover EFI.

Here is my spec:

Asus G73SW

Nvidia GFX 460M (No intel card along side it)

12GB RAM

I am using the Olarila Mavericks USB image, Mavericks installs fine and I can hit the desktop using the USB stick. It would be worth noting that I get full acceleration just doing this, so clover obviously picks up on my card and does whatever it does best.

I copied the contents of the Olarila USB to another keydrive so I could have a play with it, but I am not getting very far :(

The trouble starts when I try and remove disabler.kext in order to get stepping working. For this I need to have Asus AICPM checked, and I also use the Drop OEM tables and either use my own SSDT (generated with revogirl's script) or tell Clover to generate the states for me. I am only removing the disabler.kext from the Clover 10.9 folder, all other kexts remain in there (including FakeSMC).

When I boot like this, I just get a black screen right about the time I would hit the desktop. It looks like the display has actually been turned off, it's not just black. I tried plugging into VGA and HDMI also, but no luck. The next thing I tried was to use the "Display Fix" option in clover, but this gives me a KP stating "cannot find driver for platform". This is the same if I boot from MBR or EFI.

I found a post where somebody suggested removing the NVDA and Geforce kexts, but I do not think this will help, as I do not have an Integrated Intel card.

Most of the clover guides say "Don't touch it if you don't know what it is!" which might explain why I haven't had any luck trying different combos with Clover Configurater.

Any help and / or pointers would be very much appreciated.

Attached is my SSDT, DSDT, config.plist.

Archive.zip

The Disabler kext also disables ApplePolicyControl, maybe the problem is that. Instead of removing it, try editing its Info.plist file and remove only the part that disables AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

I removed the AICPM lines from the disabler.kext,

Now it appears to hang after: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 486

It is not completely frozen, I can still input key presses.

There are quite a few Nvidia lines in the disabler, I tried removing those as well but no luck.

It would be worth noting that I can get Mavericks to boot when using Chameleon. It seems to be something specifically related to clover. I also had the same issue with 10.8, I could boot with Chameleon (using DSDT, SSDT, VoodooHDA etc) but with just one change (Clover) I got a black screen. :(

Are you sure the problem is removing Disabler.kext and not some configuration you do in Clover?

You can try to patch AICPM directly, instead of using Clover to do it on the fly

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1003

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

It probably is a configuration issue, I am still learning.

I removed the Asus AICPM entry from the config.plist and patched the AICPM instead using the tool in that link, but I get a panic on that kext now :-/

EDIT: I've been looking through the Clover documentation, and it looks like for Nvidia cards, that it pretty much auto detects them. If I go to the options on the clover boot screen, it looks like it has detected the GTX 460M, I don't know if I should be altering anything else here?

Just seems odd... the Olarila USB stick boots to the desktop with full CI/QE, it obviously just disables the AICPM at the same time.

Here is my config file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
	<key>Arguments</key>
	<string>-v npci=0x2000</string>
	<key>Log</key>
	<false/>
	<key>XMPDetection</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<false/>
		<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
		<false/>
		<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
	<key>SSDT</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DropOem</key>
		<true/>
		<key>Generate</key>
		<dict>
			<key>PStates</key>
			<true/>
			<key>CStates</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
</dict>
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
	<key>USB</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<true/>
		<key>FixOwnership</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
</dict>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
	<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
	<true/>
</dict>
<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
	<key>Theme</key>
	<string>iclover</string>
	<key>Mouse</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Enabled</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
	<key>Scan</key>
	<true/>
</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
	<key>InjectKexts</key>
	<true/>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Am I missing something obvious? I have spent the majority of the afternoon trying to figure this out, and I just can't see what I am missing.

Just seems odd... the Olarila USB stick boots to the desktop with full CI/QE, it obviously just disables the AICPM at the same time.

Yes, really odd.

Did you try just copying Clover from USB to HD with same config.plist and kexts and test if if boots?

What SMBIOS does it define?

I know that for some Macmini models you need to drop MCFG table to avoid video problem.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

I am booting off another USB stick for now (because I have multiple partitions on the drive with ML as well) but yes, to start with I copied the EFI folder from the Olarila USB EFI partition. It will boot fine, with CI/QE enabled... because it has the disabler.kext. It's only once I start trying to mess with it a bit, ie. get stepping working.

It's defining it as a Macbook Pro 8,3.

And if you use this config you posted but keep the Disabler, does it still boot?

Try setting DropOem (under SSDT) to false, maybe there's some video related stuff in OEM SSDTs.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

With the disabler.kext it will boot with and without dropping the SSDT info.

It's once I take the disabler out that I get the problem. Without the disabler, I have to use the AsusAICPM flag and either provide SSDT or ask clover to generate SSDT info (or get a panic), and then I cannot get to the desktop anymore :/

So much for clover being a big auto-detecting genius... I'm thinking of just sticking with Enoch.

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: Thu Sep 19 22:22:27 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2422.1.72~6/RELEASE_X86_64

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: vm_page_bootstrap: 3032803 free pages and 96541 wired pages

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: kext submap [0xffffff7f807a5000 - 0xffffff8000000000], kernel text [0xffffff8000200000 - 0xffffff80007a5000]

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: zone leak detection enabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: "vm_compressor_mode" is 4

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: standard background quantum is 2500 us

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: mig_table_max_displ = 74

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: TSC Deadline Timer supported and enabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: "name" not a kext

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: "FailedCLUT" not a kext

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: "FailedImage" not a kext

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=1 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=2 LocalApicId=2 Enabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=3 LocalApicId=4 Enabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=4 LocalApicId=6 Enabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=5 LocalApicId=1 Enabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=6 LocalApicId=3 Enabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=7 LocalApicId=5 Enabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=8 LocalApicId=7 Enabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=9 LocalApicId=8 Disabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=10 LocalApicId=9 Disabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=11 LocalApicId=10 Disabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=12 LocalApicId=11 Disabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=13 LocalApicId=12 Disabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=14 LocalApicId=13 Disabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=15 LocalApicId=14 Disabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=16 LocalApicId=15 Disabled

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Sandbox

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Seatbelt sandbox policy (Sandbox)

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Quarantine

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Quarantine policy (Quarantine)

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: MAC Framework successfully initialized

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: AppleKeyStore starting (BUILT: Sep 19 2013 22:20:34)

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI: sleep states S3 S4 S5

Oct 30 21:31:14 localhost kernel[0]: pci (build 22:16:29 Sep 19 2013), flags 0x61008, pfm64 (36 cpu) 0xf80000000, 0x80000000

Hrm.. does this not mean that the speed stepping is working?

This is with the disabler.kext in..... :S

hello

u can try with chameleon

use macbookpro8,1

only the intel hd 3000 works

generate de ssdt file

org.chameleon

p and c-states=no

dropssdt=yes

and see if it works.. if it works u have clover bad config

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

Yes it works with chameleon, I can get mavericks up and running, the problem is just getting it working with clover.

I have a fully working 10.8.5 with chameleon also, and I get the same problem when switching to clover. Just trying to figure out what part of the config I have done wrong.

hello

use the config file only with the essential things

and then

is a question of testing with clover...

make modification.. test.. no go old config..

u can use and boot clover with several config files

config

config1

and so on

u can set in boot what config file to use

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files