Nummy

Total newb trying to get this work

Hello everyone!

I'm total newb to OS X. I'm just trying to get this thing work on my PC so I can try it out before deciding to buy iMac mini. I'm digital artist and I'm trying to get OS X to try photoshop and test if it works better than under windows machine.

Ok here are my speccs:

Intel i5 3350P

Asus P8H77-V LE mobo

Zotac GTX660

8 gigs of RAM

And sound blaster audigy sound card

Idownloaded 10.8 and 10.9 but nothing works for me. I get to bootloader when I boot from USB. When I sellect to continue booting to installer, everything goes very fast and then I get grey screen and spinning color mouse circle. And then nothing happens. On any version.

Any help would be very appreciated!

boot with -v to see what happens.

Se quando viaja faz o que quer, quando viajar, não leve a mulher ----  No PM support. Use the forum.
Dell Latitude i7 8565U 16Gb 256Gb M.2 Intel UHD620 (macOS 14.3) OC

Lenovo Core I5 6200U 8Gb 256Gb HD520 (macOS 14.4b) OC

Ryzen 7 5700X 32Gb 2Tb nvme RTX 3060TI 8Gb (W11)

this was with -f, right?

remove the nvidia kexts of the installer and boot GraphicsEnabler=No -f -v and see if you get to the installation screen.

and you can take a look here in the forum there are bios settings to follow.

Edited by Guest

Se quando viaja faz o que quer, quando viajar, não leve a mulher ----  No PM support. Use the forum.

this was with -f, right?

remove the nvidia kexts of the installer and boot GraphicsEnabler=No -f -v and see if you get to the installation screen.

Ok bare with me here. How do I remove those kexts? And which ones are they? I use transmac in windows.

all that starts with geforce and NVDA

delete kernelcache in system/library/caches/com.apple.kext.caches/startup and try booting again with GraphicsEnabler=No -f -v

also try without -f if you don´t get to the installation. and check your bios settings.

without the kexts and the kernel cache the system must boot in vesa mode. if not, must be something with the installer usb or the bios.

Did all that, still no success, but here is my report.

First I deleted kexts for all graphics and cache. Then I run with GraphicsEnabler=No -f and I got up to this:

http://shrani.si/f/1Y/nZ/4hc9kPCc/20131013122522.jpg

Then I tried without -f and it got only up to here:

http://shrani.si/f/Z/uZ/R0BrMC9/20131013122757.jpg

The boot process go pretty fast it only stops a few seconds here:

http://shrani.si/f/3o/6M/kmoUclv/20131013122652.jpg

What else should I do?

Any more BIOS settings I have to watch out?

I already tried iATKOS and I managed to install it, but just doesn't boot up from HDD and forum there is dead to get some help.

No there is no integrated GPU in CPU. I have i5 3350P, that one model is without any graphics inside, only CPU.

Today I have managed to install aitkos ML3U and I came inside system. Problem was I had to disable all drivers and not install any. When I tried opening safari to download some drivers everything becomes very slow and I had to restart. After that I haven't managed to get back. :(

I haven't made my own usb installer. I tried distro from this page 10.8.5 and 10.9 and none works.

Then I also tried aitkos and I got into OS, but I'm missing graphics drivers there now. I only get in in safe mode.

As I know iatkos already installs FakeSMC and NullCPUPM in Extra folder so yes I have them there. I had do disable video drivers I get bundled in distro there so now I have to manually install all drivers, which is proving to be difficult as I don't even know what I'm doing :(

Hello.

10.8.5 and 10.9 GM aren't distro. They are retail images, ready to boot.

Their have Fake and Null installed too.

Try boot with 10.8.5 of this forum, when you boot… boot with -x(safe mode)

Choose Chameleon while boot.

Your graphic card is recognized natively. since 10.8.3… so it is very confuse.

Try configure you Bios: http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1804

But your problem isn't graphic.

Hey,

I managed to install 10.9 and boot 10.9 with -x (safe mode)

In safe mode, graphics card is properly recognized and I get picture in native resolution (1920*1080) on both monitors and OS also reports graphics card have 2GB of RAM. Only problem in safe mode is I have no network.

Any other boot doesn't work at all, only safemode. Now I will try to boot 10.8.5 and install it.

As I post before I get loads of smc errors. I searched around and I found only that this is some sort of CPU error. If I change any settings about CPU in clover OS doesn't even try to boot up, but right after loading drivers and lots of dots automatically resets computer.

As it seems my hardware is pretty supported in safe mode except no network drivers.

Another update:

10.8.5 doesn't boot at all, even with -x, so I'm stuck with 10.9 at the moment.

I also deleted geforce* and nvda* kexts from disk with transmac in windows and tried boot with -f GraphicsEnabler=No and doesn't boot as well.

Now my only option is probably to download unishit under windows and place it on mac HDD with trans mac, boot into safe mode and try to get bootloader and drivers on?

And another update:

After I deleted geforce and nvidia kexts under windows and rebooted into 10.9 in safe mode, I lost one monitor and instead of getting a name of my graphics card and RAM amount under system info I only get: display on 7MB.

So some drivers before were working in safe mode... or no? I'm so confused now and I really have no clue what the hell to do now.... :(

So to recap: on fresh install 10.9 I can boot in safe mode and I do get both monitors with full HD resolution and I can see correct graphics card model under system. Problem in safe mode is I have no network.

When I boot without safemode into installer, I get up to gray screen with mac wait cursor rotating

When I boot without safemode from hdd, I get bunch of smc errors and after that everything stops...

Safemode works for both, intaller and boot from HDD.

Ok here is a file with all loaded kexts in safe mode.

There are also loaded:

com.apple.nvidia.driver.NVDAResman 8.1.8 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext

com.apple.nvidia.driver.NVDAGK100Hal 8.1.8 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAGK100Hal.kext

Why graphics driver isn't working in normal boot?

Can be something else wrong here? CPU drivers?

loadedkexts.zip

are you booting from the hd?

that´s the first thing to get your graphics working.

you need to fix the boot to boot without usb.

this graphic card has native support.

I have no clue how to do that. In BIOS I have have 3 options for booting:

1. is UEFI USB stick - here is this 10.9 installer and I can boot with that.

2. is UEFI external HDD where I installed OS X - I can't boot with that. Screen just go black and then skips to next boot device

3. internal SSD where I have windows 8.

With aitkos distribution I selected in clover boot options where I had option to add UEFI boot to something (I don't really even can't read it) - just some numbers and letters - and this worked for me. With that option done I got one more additional option in BIOS: UEFI clover OS which was actually "pointer" to HDD.

Here in this distro I do the same, but I don't see any additional boot options in BIOS.

I also can't get chameleon bootloader. I press 1 like crazy when I get past BIOS, but it always get to clover...

You have to install Clover to the EFI partition of your HD. Use the "install for UEFI motherboards" option in the installer, or do like this

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3405

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

eeeem... you lost me here...

I downloaded 10.9 release it's something.raw file. I wrote that to USB in windows with program specified and I got EFI partition automatically there on USB key ( I got 2 partitions, one EFI and one mac).

Now only thing I should probably do if I understand correctly is to install that clover to HD, which I don't know how. :(

I explained it to other member here

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3101&start=490#p32417

It's the same thing with 10.9 image.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png