Villts

Geforce GT 430 no QE/CI and won't let me boot in normal mode

Hi folks!

I have installed the retail ML in my Hackintosh (following the InsanelyMac guide! Thank you guys!) and w/ the strings, my GPU was successfully recognized.

But I'm just able to boot in safe mode, with no QE/CI but full resolution. The GeForce was recognized via strings!

But why the hell I'm only able to boot in safe mode? And I don't remember exactly, but I had a Mac, and I'm almost sure that QE/CI loads in safe mode...

https://www.dropbox....13 16 24 04.jpg this is when I boot in safe mode, just before the login screen

https://www.dropbox....13 16 36 22.jpg this is when i boot in normal mode. The screen freezes here

Also, I have edited AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kext. I went to my smbios name string, and edited to the GT430 device & vendor ID. When I boot this way (in safe mode), I get a beautiful screen turned off, so I rolled back to the default AppleGraphicsPowerManagement

So I took off the GPU and used HD4000 to see the difference. The graphics works resolution and it's recognised with no QE/CI (just like the Geforce, no acceleration because I'm using VGA I guess - with the Geforce I can use DVI or VGA) but BOOTS IN NORMAL MODE, since I'm using VGA and have do edit some stuff.

So I have 2 big problems: no QE/CI and no normal mode - this GeForce won't let me boot in normal mode!!!

Another thing is that I NEED to use the GeForce, and a lot of people can get it working in hackintosh, it's not fear lol! I work with 3D modelling (I know, a need a bigger screen) in Windows and its huge the difference, since the onboard shares my memory.

Here is my recognized GeForce https://www.dropbox.... 6.03.44 PM.png

And here is my recognized HD4000 https://www.dropbox.... 6.46.15 PM.png

EDIT: Also, I noticed that the verbose mode w/ the HD4000 loads with full resolution. The GeForce verbose stays at 1024x768. I don't know if this changes something.

Thank you for the help!

My specs:

AsRock DTA-H61 Motherboard

i7 3770 - 3.4 up to 3.9Ghz

The onboard Intel HD4000

NVidia Geforce GT 430 1GB RAM

4GBRAM DDR3

750GB HDD

Sorry, I'm kinda newbie. I used to play with hackintosh years ago and the maximum I did was edit kexts and ifo.plists =)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jd1aito3tbv95wf/IOREG.ioreg is this it?

Thanks

Place this DSDT.aml in the root system

Give Boot with the flag GrpahicsEnabler=No

Use the Geforce GT430, not the HD4000.

I return with the results.DSDT.aml.zip

Use SMBIOS iMac13,2 not Mac mini 6,2.

btn_donate_SM.gif

Place this DSDT.aml in the root system

Give Boot with the flag GrpahicsEnabler=No

Use the Geforce GT430, not the HD4000.

I return with the results.

Done! SMBIOS changed too. I still get the frozen screen in normal mode and no QE/CI, booting in safe mode. But my GPU is being recognized without the GraphicsEnabler, something changed!

The kext NVDAGF100Hal.kext is being charged?

but is enter your deviceID and VendorID the kext NVDAStartup.kext

repair the permissions and rebuild caches and reboot.

The only kext I've edited (applied patch) was the power management, that got working (I just don't know if 100%)

NVDAGF100Hal is 100% original.

Ok, just a moment!

I change the IOPCIMatch or IOPCIClassMatch? IOPCIMatch, I'm gonna reboot

So...

Nothing chaned. One thing I noticed is, when booting in normal mode, since some time ago (I don't remember when exactly) the system does not freezes anymore. But the system does no boot up the same way. Last time, just now, I waited 15 minutes and nothing.

Mirone, I'm inserting the old NVDAStartup back ok?

Another thing I noticed is that there is no iMac13,2 in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. Thats why you asked me to change to 13,2?

The only kext I've edited (applied patch) was the power management, that got working (I just don't know if 100%)

NVDAGF100Hal is 100% original.

Ok, just a moment!

I change the IOPCIMatch or IOPCIClassMatch? IOPCIMatch, I'm gonna reboot

So...

Nothing chaned. One thing I noticed is, when booting in normal mode, since some time ago (I don't remember when exactly) the system does not freezes anymore. But the system does no boot up the same way. Last time, just now, I waited 15 minutes and nothing.

Mirone, I'm inserting the old NVDAStartup back ok?

Another thing I noticed is that there is no iMac13,2 in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. Thats why you asked me to change to 13,2?

send me your kexts, I will edit for you.

btn_donate_SM.gif

@villts

repair the permissions and rebuild caches with kextwizard.

Hi, things haven't changed. I still get the eternal boot without safe mode and no QE/CI. The kext loads correctly in verbose, but nothing changed!

Thanks anyway!

P.S.: Should I roll back the DSDT and add GraphicsEnabler to chameleon boot?

@Mirone

Man, nothing.

The topic asked for adding the IDs in the NVDAGF100Hal.kext (GT430). So I look at the plist and there is no IOPCIxxxxxxxx key. Ok, I added. Both of them. Nothing happened, same errors.

So I googled for a patched NVDAGF100Hal, and I found this: http://www.osx86.net/view/3136-nvdagf100hal.kext.html

Does not work either. Gives me a lot of errors in verbose and tells me the kext couldnt be loaded. I edited this kext and added the IDs. Nothing too.

And I'm applying the kexts correctly, really.

I think there is something to do with AppleGraphicsPowerManagement, since things happened when I changed the kext

=(

EDIT: Cara, vc fala portugues? hauahuaha ufa, ta triste digitar em ingles!

hauhauahuha eu achei que em inglês fosse mais cheio, afinal mto mais gente fala inglês que português!

Vou deixar a resolução aqui caso algum gringo passe por aqui

SOLVED

I booted in windows and I repaired HD4000 was still connected. So I disabled all its features in BIOS and here we go!

I could not boot without safe mode because IntelHD4000 kexts was loading and for sure led to a KP

Now the GeForce is 100% working!