pixellegolas

radeon 7870 partially working, help needed

Hi! I already did that before. Removed the kext files that was in the s/l/e and used Kext utility to copy over the provided to s/l/e. After I repair permission in both disk utility and in kext wizard. Still I got the same error for AMDRadeonaccelerator.kext. It is so strange

And the DSDT has been in root all the time and I can see that it is loaded in bdmesg

I know see alot of errors in disk utility when repair permissions:

Unable to set owner and group on "

Permissions differ on "......:" should be -rw-r--r--; they are rwxr-xr--x

Asrock z77 pro4 - I5 ivy bridge - Gigabyte Ati radeon 7870 OC edition - Acer 27" - OS: Mountain lion 10.8.4

Bar is not transparent and all homepages with a banner is really really slow

Edit: I might just download Olarila bootable usb installer instead and restart.

I started with niresh 10.8.2 and updated and I guess something strange happened. It failed every time but still changed to 10.8.4 so it works maybe 50%

Asrock z77 pro4 - I5 ivy bridge - Gigabyte Ati radeon 7870 OC edition - Acer 27" - OS: Mountain lion 10.8.4

Bar is not transparent and all homepages with a banner is really really slow

Edit: I might just download Olarila bootable usb installer instead and restart.

I started with niresh 10.8.2 and updated and I guess something strange happened. It failed every time but still changed to 10.8.4 so it works maybe 50%

I suggest you do a clean install

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3101

btn_donate_SM.gif

Did a clean install with 10.8.4 and had some errors during install. After some kexts etc I now have a fully working mac. There are small issues right now with no sound and could not do a repair permission because of some strange error. Read about installing BSD from install etc.

There is just one last thing, I seem to have full acceleration with transparent bar etc. But still says 7XXX in info

Did a clean install with 10.8.4 and had some errors during install. After some kexts etc I now have a fully working mac. There are small issues right now with no sound and could not do a repair permission because of some strange error. Read about installing BSD from install etc.

There is just one last thing, I seem to have full acceleration with transparent bar etc. But still says 7XXX in info

install BSD.pkg

this folder within the package.

you are using the DSDT I sent you?

btn_donate_SM.gif

Hi! No, will try it soon. Right now I got kernel panic when trying to install voodoohda. I saw that I had applehda so there was a conflict. And also the voodoohds was old. Now I have updated voodoohda and deleted applehda. But I have no sound :)

Update: DSDT works! However, it first made 2 black screens at boot up so monitor got black 2 times. But then worked. Now it is just the sound that is the problem

Internal soundcard is on the ASROCK z77pro but I also have a soundblaster x-fi soundcard that I use

I tried using the guide to edit the VoodooHDA and insert my deviceID etc, totally according to the guide. but now I get KP after this. Before osx booted without any sound and it did not even look like it loaded the voodoohda. Now just KP.

I am thinking of maybe just using motherboard sound instead and skip soundblaster. I just use my desktop speaker anyway. Is it easier/more stable with onboards realtek?

Hi! Yes, I have now tried using kexts, used multi beast to install normal kext and also the ones that patch the dsdt.aml in extra but get no sound. In system info app it doesnt find the hardware and in system report it just says

: Intel HD sound Sound ID: 1

How do I use the .txt file? I tried using the patch DSDT in chameleon wizard. I think it stated I was already running the DSDT. Do I need to boot without a DSDT, patch with the .txt and then run again?

Update:

Ran DSDT editor

Open DSDT file

Choose Patch

Pacthed with txt file

Choose compile, no errors

Save .aml

Installed it by dragging to EXTRA folder

Restart, nothing happens

7870 works fine but still no audio or a speaker or anything

Could it be a bios setting? It is set to auto on most stuff

Update2:

I am very very very stupid

I had AppleHDADisabler.kext in EXTRA and SLE that blocked the new one. I had it when I tried the voodoHDA kext. Now after removing and restarting I have the speaker icon and the system info looks good. But I still have no sound now. So need to check more why

Why is it so complicated? I think I am using quite a common motherboard with common audio on it? Other people seem to have gotten it to work wit just the kext. What could be the issue? Different bios version?

Ps, I am using DVI-DVI by the way

Why is it so complicated? I think I am using quite a common motherboard with common audio on it? Other people seem to have gotten it to work wit just the kext. What could be the issue? Different bios version?

Ps, I am using DVI-DVI by the way

I need to analyze your codec_dump

using a live version of Linux use this command in the terminal:

cd ~ / Desktop && mkdir CodecDump && c is in / proc / asound / card * / codec # *, the f = "$ {c / \ / * card / card}"; cat "$ c"> CodecDump / $ {f / / \ / / -}. txt, done && zip-r CodecDump.zip CodecDump

btn_donate_SM.gif

Everything works now :)

I have a fully working mackintosh I5 with 27 inch monitor and beautiful sound coming out of the speakers. I will use this system to make iphone games to my iphone and test.

Thank you very much for all the help, you guys have been really kind!

I wonder if there is something more I should do to the system or just let it be. I saw in some forums that I don't have any mkext so the cache systems seems to be broken.

I still need the sleep trick but at least everything is working now :)

@Pixeellegolas

no, you do not need a mkext.

As for sleep, I applied the patches needed for it

on some motherboards it works well in other not.

Do a test using the AppleACPIPlatform.kext 10.8.1 may resolve the problem of sleep.

Your HDMI audio works?

btn_donate_SM.gif

Actually the sound worked even without your latest files. I pulled out soundblaster, restarted computer into windows and made sound work there with internal. Now when I booted up mac osx sound worked...without me applying anything.

So I will try your new files soon. I was just happy now that everything works so afraid to break it :)

But if I can fix sleep that would be nice.

I will get back to you with results later

PS. have not tested HDMI sound yet. I dont use it on this comp anyway right now

SO, I tried with the new files you sent me and I also found a appleacpi kext here:

http://www.osx86.net/view/2649-appleacpiplatform.kext.html

And these guys combined, I still need sleeptrick but with the new appleacpi the black screen is much shorter time. Maybe from 1 minute to 10 seconds