startrek

[MAGICAL FIX ]Catalina Olarila Freezing on HP Z440 workstation

• Administrators
3 hours ago, startrek said:

with Maximum Cpu Speed Always active at !00 %

is about kernel quirks for unsuport cpus

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

3 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

is about kernel quirks for unsuport cpus

Hello MaLd0n but this always 100 % CPU Speed Is Going to Kill my CPU on the Long Run...!?!? Please Let me Know...!!!!!! under Mojave this problem do not exist....!!!!!????

1- there is some set on Bios to avoid this constant 100 % CPU usage...!?

2- Found CPUsetter.app maybe could help to solve the problem of 100 % CPU..!?

Edited by startrek

Hello Everyone Have a Good Day.....Reinstalled Catalina Olarila with the old EFI but formated in : (APFS uppercase / lowercase )...the install was Much Much FAster and all was setted automatically...MIRACLE...!!!!! Trying It Now.... letting U know after complete install of all programs....See U Later :)

SO FAR IT'S ALL GOOD No Freeze Well Well Well Lets Hope it keeps So Good.....!!!!!!

SSD formated in APFS uppercase/lowercase so important... didnt know :)

Edited by startrek

On 3/13/2022 at 11:59 PM, MaLd0n said:

dont change nothing

https://easyupload.io/nsl4ev

-Delete old EFI folder and paste new. Don't use merge files

-Don't use Drag and Drop into EFI partition. Use Copy/Paste instead

Dear MaLd0n Good morning......This EFI of  yours it's Very Near to let me install Big Sur on my Hp Z440 workstation but after all the verbose menu when should  be seen the white Apple it's ALL Black and nothing Happens....Maybe is my unsupported Gt710 on Big sur that cause this problem...!?!? There is some Code to Add in config.plist to let me complete installation...!?!? Please if there is a way to do so I would very much appreciate your help....!!!!!!!!

Have a Good Day ...!!!! :)

1 - Im going to add : NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext on the kext of your EFI and try what it happens..waiting your reply if u like to do....!!!!!

2 -tryed to use the working kexts on OLD EFI Install Catalina working but is always no white Apple No block on Verbose dialog but when should show the white Apple is all black...!!!

In case was the vga what Video card should I use...!?!?

Edited by startrek

• Administrators

if ur video dont have support avoid it or use chriss patch

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

6 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

if ur video dont have support avoid it or use chriss patch

Dear MaLd0n U R the Best !!!  U R right from Mojave or Catalina I have  with Parallels : windows10 ( that I Hate Very much) Monterey and they work very well..... very Thks U gave me with your Hackintosh Olarila great satisfaction I run also many Linux !!!

Ask : have tryed Proxmox 7.12 installed Monterey but the passtrough is for me too much complicated....would U ever dedicate some section for this New Way to Run Hackintosh !?!?  i heard also of Unraid but do not understand well how it works !!!!!

OK Dear MaLd0n Very Thks  4 all U do....!!!!!  :)

Edited by startrek

• Administrators

bro

this problem seems like a hardware accel missing

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

43 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

bro

this problem seems like a hardware accel missing

1 - I dont chew much about hackintosh ,Google and Olarila MaLd0n are all my knowledge...Actually tring this :

sudo launchctl limit maxfiles 65536 200000

read on Macforum there are others Catalina users having problems of Freezing....!!!!

2 - installed Barrier.app on Osx Kvm under Linux helps to solve problems of audio....!!!! U never know it could help......!!!!   :)

3 -  I've tryed to Update All the kexts on the actual running good booting EFI like Lilu, Whatevergreen,VirtualSMC,XHCI-unsupported but seems to boot well but when there should appeard the white Apple it's ALL BLACK !?!? i thought Updating Kext would help to solve freezing but gives me this problem...!!! what a Mad World of Hackintosh...!!!!

4 - Remember the last EFI U gave me to Try !?!? I have tryed again but dont know WHY unable to Boot my Hackintosh setup of Bios is always the same !?!?  but sometime before it worked and have tryed to update to Big sur completed all the process and at the moment toenter in  Bigsur i was back in Catalina again saying dont remember what problem happened....!!!! Have U another EFI to try...!?!?

On MOjaveno one of these problems but i keep searching if i do find a Fix :)

Edited by startrek

dont change nothing

Hello MaLd0n !!! There is a mistery I have tryed your Above EFI and it let me update my Catalina to Big sur DOING ALL the process till last boot when it tells me there was a problem and was back again in Catalina....But Now what happens that when I put on the EFI it makes all the verbose menu but stay all screen black no apple white nothing happens... I havent chamged nothing in the Bios....have searched on Google but I have used it worked Good and Now doesnt work anymore !? Please have U any idea...!?

Edited by startrek

• Administrators

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

On 4/2/2022 at 1:59 PM, MaLd0n said:

WITH EFI MaLd0n Black screen all verbose working but No WhiteApple showing.

I took My Working Booting Freezing EFI Olarila and make many modifications:

<key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>npci=0x2000 dart=0 -no_compat_check alcid=1 -v -xcpm -cpufbeta watchdog=0 -hbfxoff UseKernelCache=Yes serverperfmode=1</string>

Then I opened my config.plist with cloverconfigurator and SETTED with the same values from the latest No Booting EFI of Maldon but leaving as iMac14.2 NOT MacPro1.1 otherwise wouldn't boot neither IF I SETTED as iMac14.4 NO BOOT...dont ask me Why I Do Not Know !!!!

Then added the  CPUfriend.kext and CPUFriendDATAProvider.kext from one-key-cpufriend.command and still Freezing.... Then DELETED VirtualSMC.kext and replaced with FakeSMC.kext and this Last but Not Least TRY Make THE MAGIC.....From this Latest TRYing My Catalina IT IS NO FREEZING ANYMORE....!!!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
DEAR MALD0N I REMEMBER TO HAVE USED YOUR EFI(now no booting)and even tryed to update to Big Sur but no success but only after have done all the process of Installation....IF U ASK ME WHY I DONT KNOW I haven't changed Bios Settings IT'S A REAL MISTERY...Can U Find an Answer to this !?!?!?
HAVE EVERYONE A GOOD DAY AHEAD !!!!! :)

Edited by startrek

Have a Good Day Everyone !!! :)

In order to obtain more No Freezing protection possible I installed on /Library/Launchdaemons the file com.private.maxfiles.plist  which gives me automatically at every boot this : sudo launchctl limit maxfiles 65536 200000

Have updated all possible Kext one by one but I can't update Lilu kext to the latest version because this give me Black Screen at Boot....!!!!

Im also using Volta 1.2.5 .app that in mode performance make my intel xeon go from 2.3 mhz to 2.6 mhz not always but when Max Speed of intel xeon reach 2.6 mhz on windows10 reached 3.1 mhz.....!!!!

Most Of The Freezings That Still Happens Is When I Use FIREFOX with Safari do not Freeze....!!!!

Please MaLd0n have some suggestion.... I tried to update to the latest version of Clover but IM sorry unable to boot always Black Screen....Ok always searching with Google but every mackintosh hardware is another story.....much much trouble and every update is even more trouble....Apple Poisoned don't want u do mackintosh work Good.... :)

com.private.maxfiles.plist.zip

Edited by startrek
no answer canceled

Please MaLd0n give me an answer to This :

I cloned my Mojave Olarila to another SSD then copied your modified EFI on EFI SSD and this time Booted as happened not far away....the CPU is showing always at 2300 mhz and now Im upgrading to Catalina with this EFI.....Im asking the CPU showing always at maximum speed 2300 mhz of my Intel xeon E5-2670 V3 it's dangerous for Life Health of the CPU...Can I Use the PC in this way without problems.....Please Let me know---!!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dont Know why using the same EFI on the SSD of Catalina do not boot and stay all Black Screen...!!!!!!----> I cleaned on this SSD all Kexts and copied the ones on the fresh installation of Catalina and updated the EFI partition with the latest EFI MaLd0n and Catalina Boots Good.....these Hackintosh are really a mistery.....Very Thks 4 All but waiting if this always On max speed 2300 mhz could give problems is Intel Power gadget that give me this data.. !!!!

Edited by startrek

dont change nothing

Hello MaLd0n !!! Even with your latest EFI Catalina keep Freezing....!!!!.....If U have a solution...there is another issue but I dont know if it is Normal ..... my Nvidia GT710 do not give acceleration  with VideoProc...is it normal could help U to find a FIX....!?!?

Updating to the latest beta U never know it could get worser less likely to solve problems but dont have nothing to lose.... :)

Edited by startrek

• Administrators

need change gpu if ur processor dont have igpu. good is rx560 or +

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

22 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

need change gpu if ur processor dont have igpu. good is rx560 or +

Im going to look for rx560 0r +..!!!

because on the verbose Boot there were messages  about CPU Not Supported i Added on on EFI/Clover/Kext /Other :

CPUFriend.kext
CPUFriendDataProvider.kext

created with CPUfriendfriend and then Rebooted Payed Attention and seems not have seen CPU unsupported message al Boot seemed a little faster.... Tryng and so far NO Freezing.....Intel Power Gadget reporting always constant 2300 mhz but I believe it's some bug of this app  as U can see from the photo down....Hope to have much much better stability with this Fix....Ill let U know after some trying.... Im on the latest beta version of Catalina.

Configuring as iMacPro1.1 and iMacPro7.1 No Success..... INSTEAD as Xserver2.1 seems to be going Good...Ill let U know after a more prolongated Try.....it's the configuration more similar to my hardware.

Archivio.zip

Edited by startrek

• Administrators

ok but u stay with no hevc/h264. not good

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

On 4/11/2022 at 2:00 PM, MaLd0n said:

ok but u stay with no hevc/h264. not good

With firmware Xserver2.1 is quite Stable but Not Total Free Freezing.....Tryng now using the original Quadro Nvidia K2200 4 gb GDDR5 because my Nvidia GT710 is DDR5 but not Kepler DDR3 and so U see better the colors but acceleration = 0....It's just a TRY and See So Far with the light theme it's a little worse  with the dark mode there is no difference but for the moment No Freezing Keep Trying.... For the RX560 I must see if my HP Z440 workstation support it. with Power because " Alimentatore of HP" is not Good...... Happy Day at Everyone...!!!!!

Hello MaLd0n one little question !!!

Im on Hp Z440 workstation with Catalina and Mojave on another SSD but Nvidia GT710 2gb is recognized but when i open VideoProc there is = 0 acceleration from the Nvidia....Is it Normal !? Should I enable some quirk to obtain a little hardware acceleration...... on Mojave and Catalina is the same...Please if U have a Fix let me know...have googled but found no working answer for my hardware....Have a Good Day Ahead.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, startrek said:

VideoProc there is = 0 acceleration from the Nvidia

nvidia dont generate it, u need one AMD GPU for that with iMacPro1,1 smbios

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

21 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

nvidia dont generate it, u need one AMD GPU for that with iMacPro1,1 smbios

Latest "Try and See" : from Mojave runned : Olarila Repair and rebooted , then with Hackintool created a Patch and added in the right way to config.plist in the right way that Clover configurator accepted without telling Error....Then Updated to Catalina to the latest version and Now Im trying how it works with Freezing...so Far all Good...!!!! :)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, startrek said:

Mojave runned

u need catalina+ for generate it with only AMD GPU

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png