sharath.k

OSX ML installation on Lenovo ideapad Y500.

:roll: Hey Sir can u plz help me with instslling Osx Mountain Lion onmy Lenovo Y500?? Plz.. :roll:

My Specs :

Processor: Intel® Core i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

Memory: (RAM) 8.00 GB

Graphics: Single NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2Gb GDDR5

I Think the Model is:

IdeaPad Y500

(Dusk Black)

59-346619.

Note: It does not hav Nvidia Optimus Tecnology...

I already Try to install osx ML & L but the Problems are:

when i try to boot the Usb installer i get apple logo for a sec & then the screen goes black & after some time the Fan goes too fast & loud & the it shut down..plz help Iam a noob on this :| ..

& can u plz E-mail me of any solution to sharathkxxx@gmail.com if u can cause iam not always updated & i want this as soon as i can to do my work & firs of all i bought this lap becaz of the specs & low price & some body said that Gt 650m will be natively support with osx & i need a good GPU to do my work & i cant affort a mac..

Hi,

you can try with the USB image from my signature (10.8.4) and post a picture of the screen if it does not reach the installer.

If you get stuck in a black screen after the verbose boot, try moving video kexts, see instructions in the topic.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Hi,

you can try with the USB image from my signature (10.8.4) and post a picture of the screen if it does not reach the installer.

If you get stuck in a black screen after the verbose boot, try moving video kexts, see instructions in the topic.

Sir, i have tried your OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion bootable USB for Intel PCs (not OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion bootable USB for Intel PCs) & i try to remove graphic kexts but still i have the same exact problem i also tried many other methods like unishit but all of them have the same exat problem.. & i cant get a picture on (-v) b-cause it goes very fast... & plz see this fourm i had found http://www.tonycrapx86.com/mountain-lion ... 500-2.html .. It seems everybody with y500 has the exact same problem as u can see there.. i think this y500 will be a challenge for pro guys like u. & see a guy in that forum says :

The kernel and the system has no problem with Y500 !

The problems are [most because bad UEFI implementantion]:

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement - [bios PMPatch solved the problem]

black screen because of the:

UEFI > Legacy > Legacy First && 2nd graphicsCard [the controller, not the card itself] && USB 3.0 controller

[+perhaps others]

I've managed to get more details and reproduce the problems [the hanging, full speed vents and then shut down] using Linux. [the usb 3.0controller is not the most important (and I lost the screesnShot as well], however I still have the video problem which is about the hanging, vents and shutDown

In order to reproduce the problem on Linux is about installing using one graphicCard and after that plug the second one and will have the problem [playing the settings on UEFI shouldn't do much because some logic combination result the same... in theory, practically it's something else (that's why I say bad UEFI implementation) - even Linux has some problem with it] - maybe a future update will resolve this

Thankzzz Sir...