maroder

DSDT Experts: Please help with my DSDT

Hi,

firstly thank you for this forum and all the information I could gather here. It really is helpful.

I have a slight problem with my current setup and I hope someone with DSDT experience can help me figure it out. I extracted my DSDT unter Linux and patched it with the appropriate patch for my mainboard from the patchlist of this site. Everything is running smoothly now, but I noticed that the P-States really like to stick to either 9x or 22x but hardly every use the P-states in the middle, e. g. 11x or 16x. Is this a normal behavior, or should the intermediate P-states show up more often?

Also the Turbo of my i7 isn't working. It gets to maximum of 22x, but no further. I have often seen it jump to the 3.46 GHz under Windows. I do know how the Turbo works, and that it doesn't often get fired up because of multicore usage, but that it never gets past 22x (2.9 GHz) seems odd.

Temperature or airflow are no issue. Under full load the CPU doesn't exceed 55°C even over a longer period of time.

Could someone be so nice and have a quick look at my DSDT? Are there any essentials missing?

This is my current DSDT: http://www.maroder.de/files/DSDT.zip

Thank you so much in advance for any help - I really would be so gratefull! :)

Best regards

Maroder

Asus Sabertooth 55i (2003) • Intel Core i7-860 • MSI GTX 760 Gaming • 12GB ADATA 1600MHz RAM • 2 x 256GB SSD Samsung 830 • Sonnet GE1000LA • Sony AD-7240S-0B DVD • Sennheiser USB Headset • SyncMaster 2494HM

hello

what smbios are u using ?

u can try extract u ssdt tables from windows

rename it

ssdt

ssdt-1

ssdt-2

and so on

set p and c-states=No

dropssdt=Yes

and test it

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

Thanks for the quick response.

Currently I'm using MacPro 3.1 SMBIOS as any other SMBIOS (like 11.1 iMac) only gives me two P-States. I am currently not generating C- and P-states with Chameleon, they are generating from my DSDT.

I'll try the iMac SMBIOS with dropssdt=yes and generate c- and p-states via Chameleon. Maybe doing this will generate more P-States with the imac SMBIOS? I'll try it and report back :)

Also I will have to find an harddrive somewhere to install Windows and extract those SSDTs. My current installation of Windows got wiped for some VM space I needed under OSX. :lol:

Could you have a quick look at the DSDT? Is there anything essential missing?

Cheers

Maroder

Asus Sabertooth 55i (2003) • Intel Core i7-860 • MSI GTX 760 Gaming • 12GB ADATA 1600MHz RAM • 2 x 256GB SSD Samsung 830 • Sonnet GE1000LA • Sony AD-7240S-0B DVD • Sennheiser USB Headset • SyncMaster 2494HM

No dice. Only can get 2 P-States with iMac SMBIOS, even with dropssdt and letting Chamelon generate P- and C-states.

Well, I suppose I will have to extract the ssdt then from Windows. :x

hello

the proper smbios for u to use is imac11,x, because of u cpu socket (LGA1156)

try with that ones...

and test

DropSSDT=No

p and c-states =No

and also with

Dropssdt=No

p and c-states=yes

use chameleon wizard to generate the smbios

u are not OC the mobo ?

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

Hm, doesn't change the behavior. No matter which SMBIOS 11.1,11.2 or 11.3 or changing the options in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Still stuck with 2 states using iMac SMBIOS. Only can change this behavior by using MacPro 3.1 SMBIOS and will get sort of 5 states then, although the hardly ever trigger.

I always use Chameleon Wizard to generate SMBIOS. I didn't overclock yet, but I think i might overclock this little buggar to 3.4GHz. Then I'll need no Turbo, because it will be running Turbo all the time :twisted:

Still if you have further suggestions I gladly would hear them :)

Cheers

Maroder