Puba Cajhen

Hackintosh on Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2

Hello, I get a wild idea to install mac osx Catalina on my grandfatherish GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard with 16 GB of RAM, i5 760 Intel CPU and Radeon RX 480 graphic card. Is this hardware compatible to do that such a thing and what setup is recommended for installing it? Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions.  

Edited by Puba Cajhen

• Administrators

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

• Administrators

ye

but legacy need use boot0ss in esp

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

4 hours ago, Puba Cajhen said:

Hello, I get a wild idea to install mac osx Catalina on my grandfatherish GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard with 16 GB of RAM, i5 760 Intel CPU and Radeon RX 480 graphic card. Is this hardware compatible to do that such a thing and what setup is recommended for installing it? Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions.  

Hi, I could install macOS Monterey in the same motherboard but with different CPU and GPU. Check my GitHub repository and see if it can help you.

https://github.com/ru379/BigSur-Monterey-on-Clarkdale

Edit: If you install macOS Catalina instead of Monterey, it's much more easy to make it work I spent lots of hours making my hackintosh work with Monterey.

Edited by ru379

2 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

ye

but legacy need use boot0ss in esp

which  clover version should I use, the latest one?

40 minutes ago, ru379 said:

Hi, I could install macOS Monterey in the same motherboard but with different CPU and GPU. Check my GitHub repository and see if it can help you.

https://github.com/ru379/BigSur-Monterey-on-Clarkdale

Edit: If you install macOS Catalina instead of Monterey, it's much more easy to make it work I spent lots of hours making my hackintosh work with Monterey.

congrats....and thanks, might come in handy

Edited by Puba Cajhen

3 minutes ago, Puba Cajhen said:

which  clover version should I use, the latest one?

congrats....and thanks, might come handy, 

Well, I'm not sure about the clover version (because I used OpenCore mainly), when I installed macOS Catalina I used the EFI which was in the premade image and then I modified it with kexts to make some things work. You can try using the Opencore EFI in the GitHub link I shared with you and see if it works on catalina, if it does please tell me and I can add the compatibility in my repository.

On 12/9/2021 at 5:07 PM, Puba Cajhen said:

Tried to boot the osx from USB, but got graphic error, 0x3(0x51) and unspopported cpu error, than monitor just got blank with no activity at all. Is this solvable ?

Are you using Clover or OpenCore? And you are trying to install Catalina, right? Check if you have injected intel graphics or ATI or nvidia option enabled. If yes, disable it because you GPU is natively compatible.

8 hours ago, ru379 said:

Are you using Clover or OpenCore? And you are trying to install Catalina, right? Check if you have injected intel graphics or ATI or nvidia option enabled. If yes, disable it because you GPU is natively compatible.

Tried with Clover, like MaLd0n suggested, injection of intel, ATI, nvidia graphics are not enabled. Will try open core installation with your efi folders in it. The operation should be done like so:

1. make bootable USB with Catalina installed

2.  mount EFI folder

3. copy your efi folder inside it

4. make necessary changes with open core configurator

5. boot to installation

Probably I missed something. Thanks for help, appretiate it.

2 hours ago, Puba Cajhen said:

Was wondering if this errors/exeptions are caused by incorrect/old  BIOS version ? Vhich BIOS version are you running on your motherboard? 

Sorry for the late reply, I'm really busy right now I will check all your problems in a few days and I will try to help you, sorry.