pernacabeluda

Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion bootable USB for Intel PCs

Hi all, in my PC I have a 10.8.2 perfect installation in one drive. Now I want to install this ver in another drive, but after creating the USB key when I boot from It I can only see a " _ " blinking on my screen, so I don't see any clover or chameleon screen...what do you think is It? Thank you

Thank u for the reply, but I had to start as UEFI USB...after installing all, and after using multishit for ethernet and audio, I installed also chimera 2.2 but my drive won't boot in sata mode or in uefi mode...I have a WD 3TB drive, do you think I need to fix something?

Chimera doesn't work in UEFI mode, install Clover in the EFI partition of the HD

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3405

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Sorry but I have a clean 3 tb drive without windows, so no multiboot, and after creating the pendrive as described it doesn't boot, the only step that I not follow is regarding the slice because I don't understand where I have to add this line...because I have no multiboot, If I install clover directly on my mac installation why It does not works?

It doesn't matter if you don't have multiboot, it will work with OS X only. If boot from pen drive works in UEFI mode, it should work if you install Clover UEFI in the HD as well.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Hi,

I managed to install Lion as Mountain Lion wasn't working for me. But when I try to boot on the new partition it says it can't find any keyboard nor mouse.

I have a IBM X200s laptop

Are there any Kext to install ? If there is, how do I install it ? I am a total newbie

Thanks for your help.

If you use PS/2 keyboard or a laptop you will need VoodooPS2Controller.kext (or ApplePS2Controller.kext) and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

http://Olarila.com/files/10.8/PS2/PS2_Voodoo.zip

Also check this

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2194#p19471

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Hello.

Try Set Sata mode to AHCI.

I have tried setting it to AHCI, Legacy, and ATA and its still not showing up, can I install clover on the hard drive from a usb or something without booting into osx just yet? or is there something else?

Hello.

So no idea.

Try Set Sata mode to AHCI.

Do I need to patch my bios or something? Im using Msi z87 g45 with i5-4670k and Intel HD 4600. I saw a post on tonycrapx86 that someone installed osx successfully on the motherboard. I asked him but he didnt online for about a month already.

It doesn't matter if you don't have multiboot, it will work with OS X only. If boot from pen drive works in UEFI mode, it should work if you install Clover UEFI in the HD as well.

Ok, I understand this, but I can't create this usb pen and I don't understand why, following my steps:

- Downloaded this: http://piratereverse.info/torrent/8915051/Mac_OS_X_10.8.5_Mountain_Lion_bootable_USB_for_Intel_PCs

- Created an 8GB USB with this raw image for installation

- Booted this USB with UEFI option in my F12 boot screen on my Gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h

- Installed without any problem

- Restart booting the USB and selecting the 3TB drive where I installed osx

- On desktop, I installed audio and network with multishit

So, my system works very well but ONLY booting by my USB drive, I am not able to create the clover USB drive using this guide http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3405 or youtube video

I tried different USB sticks but nothing...

Last question: why my 10.8.2 installation starts quetly with cameleon bootloader on my 640GB 2,5" HD? What is the difference on booting the system?

Sorry but I'm a noob on this, If you could help me to create the usb installer, or to find the simple solution to start from my drive, will be appreciated and maybe helpful for many other people, I cannot understand many steps of the guide...

Thank you

The 10.8.5 USB already contains an EFI partition with Clover, so all you need to do is format the EFI partition of your HD

diskutil list
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/diskXs1
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount_msdos /dev/diskXs1 /Volumes/EFI

mount the EFI partition of the USB

mkdir /Volumes/EFI1
sudo mount_msdos /dev/diskYs1 /Volumes/EFI1

and copy EFI folder from USB to HD.

Then

Boot from the pen drive again. In Clover menu, go to Clover Boot Options and select Add as UEFI boot option. Now you will be able to boot Clover from EFI partition without the pen drive, in UEFI mode.

Once the boot is working without the pen drive, you can delete the EFI/BOOT folder from HD.

Configure config.plist according the wiki

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

The 10.8.5 USB already contains an EFI partition with Clover, so all you need to do is format the EFI partition of your HD

diskutil list
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/diskXs1
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount_msdos /dev/diskXs1 /Volumes/EFI

mount the EFI partition of the USB

mkdir /Volumes/EFI1
sudo mount_msdos /dev/diskYs1 /Volumes/EFI1

and copy EFI folder from USB to HD.

Then

Once the boot is working without the pen drive, you can delete the EFI/BOOT folder from HD.

Configure config.plist according the wiki

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration

Thank you so much, It works!!! :-)

Don't forget to remove NullCPUPowerManagement from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.8 after you configure config.plist for power management

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1703

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Thanks. Yes, I understood you. Trying your USB image I'm stock with the same problem - I still can boot in safe mode only....

Deleting video kexts, clearing cache, booting without GraphicsInjector does not help :(

System boots with -x flag only...

Using different videocard (GF8400GS) I can now boot with high resolution graphics, but again - in safe mode only...

What information could I post to dig this problem?

Thank you again!

Tried iatkos ML2 10.8.2 today. Problem still I can't boot both installation and installed system without -x flag (safe mode). But using this package I was finally able to finish installation.

With kext helper I did install exotic qe ci patch for my hd4890 video. After reboot (with -x flag again) system info shows video card and display correctly.

Where to look to get rid of safe boot mode??? DSDT? smbios?

Too bad, morherboard BIOS is quite simple :( I even did not found HPET settings, while Inte's report says it should be there, in chipset settings... Looked everywhere - nothing about HPET :(

hello

i think u problem is..

if u can't disable in bios the graphics in cpu the hd 2500.. the 4890 not work good

u can try to enable the intelhd 2500.. what i read for it use the kext from the intel hd 4000

http://Olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3111

good hack

PB Easy Note TM 86 - i5 430 M - H55M - Ram - 6 GB - Alc272 - Radeon HD 5470 512 QE/CI

Lenovo G500 - i5 3230m - HM77 - Ram - 8 GB - Conexant audio - HD 4000

My OS X Files 

with ps2 kexts should work.

see the model of the trackpad and put the right ps2 kext of it.

Se quando viaja faz o que quer, quando viajar, não leve a mulher ----  No PM support. Use the forum.
Dell Latitude i7 8565U 16Gb 256Gb M.2 Intel UHD620 (macOS 14.3) OC

Lenovo Core I5 6200U 8Gb 256Gb HD520 (macOS 14.4b) OC

Ryzen 7 5700X 32Gb 2Tb nvme RTX 3060TI 8Gb (W11)