artur-pt

How to patch AppleHDA

@telanx

I just think its weird codec

shows 111d76e in codec_dump

where did you get 111d76e7?

I checked with the guy who use dell E6420(has the same Motherboard and Audio Codec), it doesn't work either, he use the chameleon without ncpi=2000 flag.

@telanx

tonight you upload a kext for you to test.

I tried your kext, and one kext which I modified with the parameters from the kext i currently used, ( this kext used a legacy fakeapplehda method, download link:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6897343/Shared/111d76e7%20Driver.zip).

but all failed.

any other kext you want me to check?

this is really a difficult codec, which I barely find a solution till now.(most of other IDT Codec have a solution now) -_-!

Dear Mirone,

I have spend I have spend days and days now looking into the patching process and I am stuck ( as perhaps most people ) at the Platforms.xml patching. I have extracted everything that was required and I am frustrated with myself as I cannot see the three elements in order to calculate the path to my internal speakers and my mic. I am using ML 10.8.5 on a Toshiba L630-14C my codec is Conexant cx20585 (together with an IntelHD). As I have tried various kexts that didn't prove useful I have decided to patch the genuine AppleHDA 2.4.7 but I cannot figure out the last step, could you please have a look and advise me how to proceed, please?

codec_dump&verbs.zip

HI, Mirone:

It finally worked for me. Yeah! Thank you very much!

1411555115_ScreenShot2013-10-10at10_49_18.png.0e3c01e31e8b9a6a0cfde4301c464fb6.png

It seems that the Mic didn't work, but I think the pathmap between Mic and LineIn is opposite, maybe I could get it work by change them.

The Headphone didn't work either, maybe the pin config Data for Headphone still need to be modified?

I checked your kext, and find there are two different between Ver.2 and Ver.3. one is the Pin Config Data changed, the other is Patch Map for Internal Speaker changed.

1. For the Pin Config Data:(I summarized those Versions...)

540522550_ScreenShot2013-10-10at9_24_41.thumb.png.6bd05c77f9f3f25a97ddc48e9e604def.png

a. You changed lots of numbers. I am wondering why you make this changes to enable the kext? Could you please make some explanation for it?

b. And the Data 0x0a is for IntSpeakers ? 0x0b is for Mic? 0x0d is for Line In? 0x0f is for headphone? right?

2. for the Patch map:

1290880410_ScreenShot2013-10-10at9_29_33.png.a0f97f66c2bb053a38d7b1bb7c49f9bb.png

You changed the IntSpeaker's pathmap from 13-->19 to 13-->28-->27-->19. also changed the LineIn and Mic's pathmap ( I can understand it)

Is that all changes between Ver.2 and Ver.3?

Thanks again, you are the MAN!

@Telanx

You can try to fix the Mic based on your data

I tried different things and I have lost myself

but now it works you can make fine adjustments alone.

I taught you the way

but this is a guide to "Do it yourself".

all the bast!!

Headphone: 13-->28-->27-->19

Speaker: 11-->28-->27-->20

try this!

btn_donate_SM.gif

@Telanx

You can try to fix the Mic based on your data

I tried different things and I have lost myself

but now it works you can make fine adjustments alone.

I taught you the way

but this is a guide to "Do it yourself".

all the bast!!

Headphone: 13-->28-->27-->19

Speaker: 11-->28-->27-->20

try this!

Dear Mirone:

Sorry to reply to you so late, I am so busy these days. :-)

I am so sorry to make you misunderstanding, I didn't meant to push you, I just not very quite understand about the Verb Data. so I just want to know why :-)

With your help and suggestions, I have already updated the kext to Ver.4, and test by myself on my Dell E6320, and finally the IntMic, IntSpeakers, Headphone could all work.

Thank you very much! Really appreciate your great help!

The Ver.4 kext: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3d0suu

1. IntMic

IntMic.png.a208e76a0232fff619a1f55badb43a2f.png

2. IntSpeaker

IntSpeaker.png.c78d4442414560106759c47faaa0338a.png

3. Headphone(You must insert the headphone into jack, system will exchange them automatic)

HeadPhone.png.cf93eebb3e76c5fb13c38e07cf72590b.png

Dear Mirone,

hi... after my last post I've tried virtually any configuration that seemed logical, however none of it worked. Basically at first I tried just changing the cx20583 codec based on my path map but as I don't have the cx20583 path map that you have used I only guessed whether or not my values are correct.

At first the only noticeable difference was that most of your connections were attached to Node 19, so I thought that it is the Mixer and maybe changing only the values of Node 19 -> Node 36 as it turns is my mixer might be sufficient, but no.

MIC internal 23 14 24 hex

35 20 36 dec

MiC Jack 1b 17 16 hex

27 23 22 dec

Audio Out fixed 1f 10 24 hex

31 16 36 dec

Audio Out Jack 19 10 24 hex

25 16 36 dec

but there are other possible paths as well, and the internal mic has only 1 physical connection.

Any suggestions, please?

could anyone post a mediafire link to verbit by signal64? his site is gone and i cant download it. thanks guys.

Edit: Nevermind, i found a copy, now i am picking my way through the platform xml

very complicated! :)

the end of the Tab

has all necessary tools even a folder codegraph ready.

Look carefully the next time.

btn_donate_SM.gif

Hmmmm, not a very successful couple of days :cry:

i cant get AppleHDA working with my setup, after carefully following all the instructions with no real errors or problems.

i cant get HDMI audio working through DSDT (although i am sure the dsdt is working, as i now have sleep working!)

i just cant get anything to show up in the sound setup tab in system profile, although IOReg has references to HDEF and HDAU.

(admittedly i have no idea what i am looking at in IOReg, so i dont know what these references mean!)

AppleHDA just refuses to load, saying the privileges are wrong when trying to force it with kextload.

I am not too bothered about AppleHDA as i have a copy of voodooHDA which i think works with this system, but the HD audio is something i really need due to my speaker setup.

(PC --> HDTV --> 16ch mixing desk --> studio monitor speakers)

My problem is that i am not up to date with my hardware...

OSX 10.8.5

- Asus P5KPL AM-EPU Motherboard (AMI BIOS)

- VIA VT1708S Codec

- Asus HD6670 2GB Gfx Card

- Core2Quad CPU

would anyone be willing to take a look at it for me? see if they can spot what i have done wrong?

i have zipped up everything i can think of that i have needed for this, all the codec dumps, verbs, untouched dsdt, modded dsdt, untouched AppleHDA and modded AppleHDA, copy of IOReg and all the tools i was using.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dsqg7q5a0w4uyhf

I understand everyone here has a real life and job, so im not expecting anyone to rush to help. but if someone has a spare minute, id be pretty damn thankful for your help!

Hello everybody,

I have installed Mavericks into my Qosmio X500. Everything is working correctly :D except for the audio board that has this codec: Conexant CX20583 (Pebble HSF) :cry: .

I have tried using the same AppleHDA, that worked correctly under ML, without any good result.

Do I have to patch the AppleHDA? Is there here anyone that could help me?

Please attached find my DSDT and codec_dump.txt.

Many thanks

dsdt & codec_dump.zip

Thank you Mirone for your prompt reply.

I have checked but it's not working. The AppleHDA.kext is not loaded. The only kexts loaded are IOHDAFamily and AppleHDAController.

Maybe I have to patch the DSDT as described into this guide to inject the HDA? Could you please check my attached DSDT?

Thanks