MaLd0n

AppleHDA in Lion

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to do this for ALC882 in lion , I already have DSDT. but I don't have a working SL copy anymore to go off of for the platforms files.. I have modified layout12.xml with my codec id and bin patched AppleHDA with the hex also but I cannot get past

ound assertion "false == me->completeStart ()" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 996 goto Exit

Sound assertion "0 == layoutDict" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 6118 goto Exit

Sound assertion "0 != configureDSPForAppleHDAPathSet ( pathSet, false )" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 703 goto Exit

Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 2122 goto Exit

Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 207 goto Exit

Sound assertion "false == me->completeStart ()" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 996 goto Exit

This happens when I change the codecID in the layout file to mine (decimal form of course )

previous to this I would get a

Sound assertion "false == codecFound" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 1449 goto handler

Any ideas

This is a nightmare...

I have layout-id ALC898 (but dev id is 10ec899?!?)

Also codec address is 2? Looks like most people have 0

Codec dump done with ubuntu also confirms this.

Did my dsdt patch, bin-patched appleHDA, but suspect there is something wrong with layout898.xml and/or platforms.xml

I have correct input/outputs in SystemProfiler, and what looks like VolumeControl... but no sound.

verbit tool doesn't seem to work on the linux codec dump... And after days of reading and trying i'm kind of lost... When I manage to get the correct Verbs, is there a tool to create the correct layout-xml and or platforms.xml?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

card1-codec#2.txt.zip

This is a nightmare...

I have layout-id ALC898 (but dev id is 10ec899?!?)

Also codec address is 2? Looks like most people have 0

Codec dump done with ubuntu also confirms this.

Did my dsdt patch, bin-patched appleHDA, but suspect there is something wrong with layout898.xml and/or platforms.xml

I have correct input/outputs in SystemProfiler, and what looks like VolumeControl... but no sound.

verbit tool doesn't seem to work on the linux codec dump... And after days of reading and trying i'm kind of lost... When I manage to get the correct Verbs, is there a tool to create the correct layout-xml and or platforms.xml?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your Codec is: ALC898, your Vendor ID is: 10EC and your Device ID is: 0899,

I don't think this is the problem !

I guess depending of how the ubuntu starts the codecs install made it appears as address 2.

You probably have also HDMI Audio into you Graphic Card.

I know it is not a solution, but may light some idea. :-)