Joe Griffin

MSI GF63 Intel I5 10300H 2.50GHZ Comet Lake, boot without USB + audio not working

After many attempts of a vanilla Opencore install following the guide, I resorted to use other users EFI folders and have found a compatible EFI for a Dell 3493 that boots up on the MSI GF63 from USB only. Have tried different methods of creating the boot from the SSD (updating bootstrap etc from the guides) and can't get the MSI to boot from the SSD (Samsung pro 860 500gb), have attached my results from the runme app. Also, I can't find my layout ID for the Audio, if someone knows the layout ID it would save me a lot of time going through one by one! Thanks

runme dump:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gyzvhdh86syh2pc/AADKRKX6y240dyMrFIOhLXega?dl=0

24 minutes ago, Joe Griffin said:

After many attempts of a vanilla Opencore install following the guide, I resorted to use other users EFI folders and have found a compatible EFI for a Dell 3493 that boots up on the MSI GF63 from USB only. Have tried different methods of creating the boot from the SSD (updating bootstrap etc from the guides) and can't get the MSI to boot from the SSD (Samsung pro 860 500gb), have attached my results from the runme app. Also, I can't find my layout ID for the Audio, if someone knows the layout ID it would save me a lot of time going through one by one! Thanks

runme dump:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gyzvhdh86syh2pc/AADKRKX6y240dyMrFIOhLXega?dl=0

have you copied the EFI of the in the EFI of the disk?
test the various layouts available for your codec 

Realtek ALC235-layout.zip

3 minutes ago, anto barreca said:

have you copied the EFI of the in the EFI of the disk?
test the various layouts available for your codec 

Realtek ALC235-layout.zip 11.71 kB · 0 downloads

Yes and I've attempted to edit the config.plist with the opencore guide of booting and updating bootstrap. It did boot once without USB and without changing anything, it no longer appears in my BIOS startup disk menu.

6 minutes ago, Joe Griffin said:

Yes and I've attempted to edit the config.plist with the opencore guide of booting and updating bootstrap. It did boot once without USB and without changing anything, it no longer appears in my BIOS startup disk menu.

You can add bootentry to bios through EasyUEFI OR Bootice

https://www.olarila.com/topic/13072-dual-boot-guide-clover-and-open-core/

30 minutes ago, anto barreca said:

You can add bootentry to bios through EasyUEFI OR Bootice

https://www.olarila.com/topic/13072-dual-boot-guide-clover-and-open-core/

Just tried EasyUefi and still not showing up in BIOS menu, I should of mentioned I am running the dual boot on separate drives, windows on the NVME and I've added an SSD for the MacOsx 

• Administrators

is not one hackintosh is a backintosh. jesus

UG7Bq5z.png

MT6M7xG.png

• Sad 1

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

51 minutes ago, Joe Griffin said:

Just tried EasyUefi and still not showing up in BIOS menu, I should of mentioned I am running the dual boot on separate drives, windows on the NVME and I've added an SSD for the MacOsx 

try this from Windows open terminal as  Admin

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\OC\OpenCore.efi 

10 minutes ago, anto barreca said:

try this from Windows open terminal as  Admin

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\OC\OpenCore.efi 

Operation completed successfully in windows command, restarted and still not showing up in BIOS

56 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

is not one hackintosh is a backintosh. jesus

UG7Bq5z.png

MT6M7xG.png

Care to elaborate or help?

Just now, Joe Griffin said:

Copied over the OC folder to Windows EFi and repeated command, still not showing in BIOS

Strange that the disk is not detected, at startup you only see windows and no trace of opencore? Have you checked under the bootable peripheries in the bios?

1 minute ago, anto barreca said:

Strange that the disk is not detected, at startup you only see windows and no trace of opencore? Have you checked under the bootable peripheries in the bios?

Yes only windows is showing in Boot Peripheries in BIOS