raeyn

USB WiFi card vs M2 adapter for NUC 8i7BEH

Hello,

New to Hackintosh and working towards my first install. My hardware is the Intel NUC 8i7BEH. I currently have a 500gb M.2 NVME SSE, plus a 240gb SATA SSD, 16GB GSkill RAM, and most everything else is standard.

I've read that the integrated/soldered WiFi/BT card won't work running Hackintosh/MacOS and I'll need to get another. As I see it, I have two options:

1) Remove the 500GB M.2 NVME SSD and use the M.2 Adapter for one of the Broadcom WiFi cards.
My concern on this is that I'll obviously be forced to use the SATA SSD rather than the M.2 NVME SSD (the latter of which is MUCH faster).

2) Leave the M.2 SSD and get an external USB WiFi adapter
Less "sleek" since the WiFI adapter will be external but potential to run the OS faster given the increased speed of the M.2 NVME SSD vs SATA.

The other thing I'm having difficulties understanding is which of these options will have better support/compatibility. I've seen github files with USB WiFi files for Hackintosh but have to real way to compare. I've tried to do a websearch but can't get a real answer.

Any info/advice would be amazing as to which way you'd consider going yourself. Thanks so much!

• Administrators

use wifi usb tp link t2u nano

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE