seanmcgpa

Req : DSDT for Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 with Bios 2.20 (or help)

Hi friends,

I upgraded my bios to UEFI version 2.20 for my Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 (regular version, not gen3). i7-2600k @ 4.8ghz, 16 mb memory.

Unfortunately, the patches for my board (http://Olarila.com/Packs/ASRock/Z68%20Extreme4.txt) cause 7 compiling errors and I am unsure how to fix them.

(Is there a way to copy / paste the errors into this message from the Mac DSDT editor?)

In any case any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Command + C.

Attach your original DSDT too.

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Command + C.

Attach your original DSDT too.

Thanks!

Attached find my DSDT.DSL for the Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 (http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z68%20Extreme4)

Here's the modified bios that samisnake made for me for 2.20 : http://bios.zmac.net/asrock/Asrock-Z...0_modified.zip

Here's all the errors I get when trying to extract and then compile my DSDT using the Olarila mb patch for my board :

3207 Warning ResourceTag larger than Field (Tag: 64 bits, Field: 32 bits)

3878 Error Object is not accessible from this scope (CRS_)

7616 Error Name already exists in scope (HDEF)

7618 Error Name already exists in scope (_ADR)

9972 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKS)

9974 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKA)

10626 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.SBUS.HSTS)

10670 Warning Not all control paths return a value (_HID)

10670 Warning Reserved method must return a value (Integer/String required for _HID)

11393 Error _HID suffix must be all hex digits (GH)

Thanks for any advice!

DSDT.TXT.zip

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

hi, i also need help. but my board is the gen3 version, asrock z68 extreme4 gen3 with uefi bios version 2.20. there's a patch for asrock z68 extreme 4, should i be using it even if mine is the gen 3 version?

my system's specs are core i3 2100, asrock z68 extreme4 gen3 bios 2.20, 4x4gb ddr3, geforce 210

if a extract my dsdt, without patching anything, i get 4 errors

4217 Error Min/Max/Length/Gran are all zero, but no resource tag

4737 Error Invalid object type for reserved name (found PACKAGE, requires Buffer)

11343 Error Non-hex letters must be upper case (pnp0c14)

11458 Error _HID suffix must be all hex digits (GH)

if i click fix errors, i only get one

11458 Error _HID suffix must be all hex digits (GH)

if i patch the z68 extreme 4 (non Gen 3) patch from this site, and patch alc892 (non-gigabyte), i get 9 errors

4185 Error Min/Max/Length/Gran are all zero, but no resource tag

7650 Error Name already exists in scope (HDEF)

7652 Error Name already exists in scope (_ADR)

10006 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKS)

10008 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKA)

10660 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.SBUS.HSTS)

11312 Error Non-hex letters must be upper case (pnp0c14)

11427 Error _HID suffix must be all hex digits (GH)

clicking fix errors, i'm left with 7

7650 Error Name already exists in scope (HDEF)

7652 Error Name already exists in scope (_ADR)

10006 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKS)

10008 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKA)

10660 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.SBUS.HSTS)

11427 Error _HID suffix must be all hex digits (GH)

should i patch the z68 extreme4 and alc892 patches? and please help n how to fix the errors.

thanks

Try this one

Generic (BIOS 2.20)

If it's your audio codec and you're using patched AppleHDA, apply it (so you don't need HDAEnabler). Otherwise it will be useless.

hi oldnapalm, earlier i was tryng to donwload your file, and i couldnt. but i remember seeing z68 extreme4(bios 2.20), now its generic (bios 2.20). is it for z68 extreme 4 gen 3 board?

is it different from this page?

http://Olarila.com/forum/packs.php

thank you for helping, obviously i'm a noob, thanks again

hi, ok will try that patch, then alc892 for sound, then for HID, will let you know how it goes.

another question, why do we need to patch the extracted dsdt? i mean, thats already the dsdt of the motherboard, why patch it? what will happen if you dont patch it? and how would you know if your patched dsdt is good?

thanks

hi oldnapalm,

finally found the time to do this. extracted dsdt from my board, patched generic (bios 2.20), alc892, and for the HID error. seems to working ok, except for lan, will have to search kext of this. sleep is not working and i cant seem to log in to app store, it says "an unknown error has occurred". i'm not sure if speedstep is working, when i check hw monitor, both my cpu seems to be stuck in 1584mhz. i greatly appreciate your help, help me patch my dsdt

thanks

Lan kext http://www.osx86.net/view/1883-broadcom_bcm57781_lion.html

To get the sleep and speed step working you need to patch the AICPM.kext and put SSDT in your extra folder.

Also make sure you nullcpupowermanagement.kext is removed from S/L/E

If the above is not working then try this, Do a fresh install and replace the AICPM.kext with the attached kext, Pleace the attached DSDT on desktop run multishit with only DSDT, SSDT options checked and reboot.

Hope this helps.

DSDT_ASRock_Z68_Ext 4.zip

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement_10.8.kext.zip

hi pmdsp,

i believe i already tried the broadcom BCM57781, if i remeber i correctly it did not work with ML. what is used was this

http://www.osx86.net/view/3089-broadcom_netlink_bcm5778x.html

havent tried if lan would actually work, they said DCHP doesnt work, you need to manually configure it, havent tried, but since mac app store detects an ethernet card, i'm now able to log in.

with sleep, should i try deleting nullcpupowermanagement.kext first?

speedstep, i think is working, opened HW monitor, both cpu 1 and 2 were running at 1518mhz, then when i opened an app, they both ran at 3069mhz, thats it right?

the dsdt you attached, is it for extreme 4 gen 3?

thanks

Remember to plug in the short sound cable directlty onto your motherboard not the longer one for sound. Then you only need the 892 dst and dst free kext. I extracted dsdt and then used _HID suffix must be all hex digits (GH) then pathed Generic (BIOS 2.20) it left me with 0 error's and one warning 3207 Warning ResourceTag larger than Field (Tag: 64 bits, Field: 32 bits) this was changed by changing a letter from D to Q i believe: For fix it needs CreateDWordField(this is field 32 bits) rename to CreateQWordField (this is field 64bit).

It worked but only with -x (32 bits). Perhaps I should have also used the Z68 ex4 standard bios. So I also installed tonycrap Easybeast. Now its working and Mac also has the dsdt so its vanilla, sort off. Without -x that is.

I didnt use internal Lan since kext were for lion just bought Presto / GE1000LA-E small ethernet card which works out of the box.

http://legacy.tonycrapx86.com/wiki/index.php/Network_Card_Database

Since its working don't want to install Java (not safe anymore) again to create DSDT but if you could answer if Z68 should be also applied very much appreciated. And thanks for the help. Took me a month but app store and Istore all working and updates as well and boots in 64bit. Afterwards you could say it should have been done in a day: lol. Sleepsetting I dont need.