iHackintosh_PT

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion bootable DVD

I'm still getting

"BootCacheControl: Unable to open /Var/db/BootCache.playlist:2 No such file or directory",

even though I was booting by Hackboot, tried GraphicsEnabler=No and many other flags, no change at all. Have you got any other ideas what can cause it? If any more info are necessary, just tell me plz.

Post hardware specs and a picture of the screen when it stops.

Did you use HackBoot version with graphics disabler?

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3

PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

Yeah, exactly that version. To get over that bug I had to downgrade my bios (new one - build 3301 - for ASUS P8P67 is messed up and causes additional issues). Even though I moved forward (using HackBoot with graphic disabler and 'GraphicsEnabler=No -f' flags), another bugs seem to occur.

Screenshot attached - poor quality but u should be able to read it off.

My specs are:

ASUS P8P67 Rev. 3.0 (ALC 892, NEC USB 3.0 controllers, bluetooth module disabled at bios)

Intel i5 2500k (non-oc during OSX installations)

8GB DDR3 1600MHz

GeForce 560Ti OC 2GB

SATA HDD's/optical drive

scr.jpg.487ef27a8ccce66bf61f267828872be7.jpg

Edited by Guest

You are booting from a DVD, right? How is SATA controller configured in BIOS?

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

It doesn't look like video related, it can't get boot device.

Before the BIOS downgrade it stopped at this same screen, or you could see "got boot device"?

In the picture I don't see the BootCacheControl message you mentioned.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

It can get boot device every time I'm stuck at "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /Var/db/BootCache.playlist:2", if I get over it, it won't happen, weird thing. So basicly, with GraphicsEnabler=No and -f flags it doesn't even want to mount root device. It looks like HackBoot fixes one thing, causes other one.

//im editing it over and over coz im a bit sleepy

Edited by Guest

You don't need -f with HackBoot, and in this version GraphicsEnabler=no is default. Try just pressing enter, no options.

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Thanks for the DVD. It works like a charm with these:

MoBo: Gigabyte x79-UD3

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 550 Ti

CPU: Intel Core i7 -3820

I boot from the DVD, then choose the Hard Disk ML, and npci=0x2000. All is fine and great.

But when install chameleon in the harddisk, it always give me KP in one or another way.

My question is?

could i copy the chameleon settings and files from DVD, to my boot in my HardDisk?

Thanks ;)

Hey, Everything installing was a piece of cake (thanks for that) awesome release, but i have this one problem, when it started the first time it asked me for user, pass and everything so i filled all things, works perfect, but no sound, no network, no anything, so i try to install the kext thing(which is new for me) setting it up is not a big deal, but when i hit install, it asks me for admin user and pass, so i type both and when i click ok, the box just bounces left and right and does nothing, when i hit it around 3 times then my hint appears, but i'm typing the correct pass(yes i am sure), so i try changing the pass in the account settings, i do, and, same thing, nothing happens, sooo as a former osx user i try setting a root user, i go to the account settings click on the lock icon, asks me for my pass and BAAAAM! same thing, now anything that requires admin authentication doesn´t work, login in and out and changing pass works fine with pass but nothing else. what to do? pleaseeeee!

Hi, thanks so much, i've tried this, but nothing, it keeps creating standard users... i'm not really sure what to do from now :(

Edit: I still can't make an admin account, they all are standard, i think i tried all solutions over the net, now i think reinstalling is my last choice, without an admin account i will never be able to install kexts or anything else :(

Edit 2:Nope, re-installed all, no luck, does anyone know how to fix this? i even found online how to include the account as an admin user but no luck, it didn't recognize the command, i've tried everything i know and everything i've found, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I'm getting the following error during the installation "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /Var/db/BootCache.playlist:2", I've tried to boot it via the HackBoot both the regular one and the GraphicsDisabler. non-of-then has worked. Moreover I've tried to lunch it with -f and GraphicsEnabler=no but it didn't work either.

This not the first time I install OS X on this computer (dell inspiron N5010), I've managed to to install iATKOS_S3_version2 on it but I couldn't update it (after updating it caused kerbal panic)

Anyway do you have any suggestion how could I some this problem?

UPDATE:

I've managed to pass "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /Var/db/BootCache.playlist:2" after waiting about 10 minutes with when I lunched the installation with HackBoot (graphics disabled) with the following parameter: -f and GraphicsEnabler=no, However, I got stuck again afther the following line: "[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed" NOTE that I HAVE NOT installed the OS!

http://s8.postimage.org/gx6fxx1j8/Mac_Blue_Tooth.jpg

Hello!! I've downloaded the .iso and can't boot into the installer.. it gives me always that kernel panic.. no matter what flags i use its always the same.. this is not my first hackintosh build, ive done it since leopard times, even in AMD, but this is making me crazy!

I've successfully installed ML in an virtualbox machine using the very same image so the file is not corrupt or anything..

Please help me!!!

PS: check my signature for my hardware..

11082012037.thumb.jpg.0b95add64226cbf91406b8b34743e321.jpg

Intel Core i7 3770k · Asus Sabertooth Z77 · 4x 4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 2133mhz · Corsair 120Gb Force GT SSD · 1Tb WD Caviar green · Coolermaster 600w PSU · Lian Li A71F Black Aluminium Fulltower Case · Samsung 27" FullHD LED TV/Display.

No PCI-E GPU yet..

I am FINALLY able to boot your ISO with the Hackboot (thanks). But I am now wondering the following:

1) How do I use/put the Hackboot as part of the HDD? So I can boot straight from HDD with out the CD?

2) Can I use multishit to install the DSDT/UserDSDT?

3) Can I use multishit to install all the missing drivers?

Finally... This is a HP/Compaq CQ62-219WM laptop. It has the Intel GMA 4500M. It "should" be able to use it right? How do I change the hackboot to use the Intel GMA 4500M?

------UPDATE------

Just tried multishit. I think it killed the install

------MORE QUESTION------

So this DVD Installation disc that I downloaded. Apparently doesn't work with multishit. So will it work with Chameleon?

------New Problem------

Ok I downloaded Chameleon v2.1svn_2050 pkg. Installed it. Now it boots from the HDD, but it stops during the Bluetooth. So I used the Hackboot to get back in to the system and installed the FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement kext. Rebooted but now it just loads a few lines and reboots... it won't even get to the Bluetooth. *HELP*! (But I can still boot using Hackboot back in to the main partition)

-------UPDATE-------

ALL PROBLEMS ARE RESOLVED. Turns out when I hit Update on Chameleon Wizard, it put back the original Chameleon version from the DVD Install disc. Ran v2.1svn_2050 again and it booted right up with no problems

Edited by Guest

It's a framebuffer kext (X3100 kext patched to 4500), it allows resolution select, but no graphics acceleration (Quartz Extreme).

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Hello, I'm trying to install ML on my laptop, but it resists. I tried several times with the USB method, but when the installation is about to finish, it shows an error. With the DVD, it seems that the installation is correct, but when I try to boot from it, it simply reboots, and it doesn't show any KP.

How can I install it?

My specs are:

Dell XPS L702X: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM + 8GB DDR3 + 17.3in FullHD WLED AG + NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M + Seagate Momentus 750 GB 7.2k HDD + TSSTCorp DVD+-RW SN-208BB + Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card Realtek + Atheros AR9280/AR5BHB92

Thanks in advance.

Dell XPS L702X: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM + 16GB DDR3 + 17.3" FullHD WLED AG + NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M + Seagate Momentus 750 GB 7.2k HDD + Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card + Atheros AR9280/AR5BHB92

Don't worry, I'll try, thanks again. ;)

I have tried it but it still reboots. :(:(

Dell XPS L702X: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM + 16GB DDR3 + 17.3" FullHD WLED AG + NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M + Seagate Momentus 750 GB 7.2k HDD + Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card + Atheros AR9280/AR5BHB92