JakubW

Big Sur on X79-ZD3 Huananzhi, issues with FireWire Audio

I also finally mapped the USB ports on the USB 3.0 controllers SB 2.0 hub changing the HS post to internal, before it wasn't mapping and now Ma OS uses the AppleUSB2.0InternalHub driver instead of the external USB 2.0 Hub, but still input peripherals like MIDI controllers aren't detected and the device restart after power down.

Send me Mac-Pro-Jakub.zip USBPorts.kext.zip

• Administrators

remove ssdts and kexts about usb. try real native

DSDT.aml.zip

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

OK, will do, but the last time I had no USB connectivity when I tried, let's see how the new dSDT works

6 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

remove ssdts and kexts about usb. try real native

DSDT.aml.zip 10.95 kB · 1 download

38 minutes ago, JakubW said:

OK, will do, but the last time I had no USB connectivity when I tried, let's see how the new dSDT works

Woah, thanks, all port load, but I saw no noticeable changes in the DSDT, the ports are loaded as AppleUSB20HubPort, should I be concerned? Anyway, I could sit down the system properly with the external HDD causing the restart, will test other devices

I can confirm that the shutdownn issue is fixed, the only thing that remains is that iLok and input devices are getting deactivated, on boot they flash and turn off, there was an entry during verbose boot on this, but I didn't catch it quite, attached SendMe is missing the .ioreg file and larger kexts as it wouldn't fit, but I used your DSDT and made no changes to the kexts

Send me Jakubs-Mac-Pro 2.zip

On 2/10/2021 at 12:20 PM, JakubW said:

I can confirm that the shutdownn issue is fixed, the only thing that remains is that iLok and input devices are getting deactivated, on boot they flash and turn off, there was an entry during verbose boot on this, but I didn't catch it quite, attached SendMe is missing the .ioreg file and larger kexts as it wouldn't fit, but I used your DSDT and made no changes to the kexts

Send me Jakubs-Mac-Pro 2.zip 2.1 MB · 0 downloads

I recorded the verbose, the error is AppleUSBHostPort::disconnect: persistent enumeration failures.

I just want to make this port stable, because I had a serious data loss after trying to restore data with the Migration assistant from a backup.

Just now, JakubW said:

I recorded the verbose, the error is AppleUSBHostPort::disconnect: persistent enumeration failures.

I just want to make this port stable, because I had a serious data loss after trying to restore data with the Migration assistant from a backup.

Would re-mapping the ports help?

• Administrators

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

• Administrators

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

Thanks, now the hot plug isn't broken by the FireWire device, but the issues with XHCI controller are the same. I also have to inject older FireWire kexts for the Apogee Duet to be detected as an audio device I Big Sur

20 minutes ago, JakubW said:

Thanks, now the hot plug isn't broken by the FireWire device, but the issues with XHCI controller are the same. I also have to inject older FireWire kexts for the Apogee Duet to be detected as an audio device I Big Sur

Wrote too soon, hut plug gets broken, after adding FireWire to the DSDT

4 hours ago, JakubW said:

Wrote too soon, hut plug gets broken, after adding FireWire to the DSDT

I removed the GPE entry from the FRWR entry and go hotplug back

I tested the mapped ports with UPBPorts.kexts and the enumeration issue persists, it seems that the port from the DSDT in the EHCI controllers are not mapped and new ones get detected. It's strange, because none of the controllers has more than 15 ports, so in's not a port limit issue, theoretically. Now I know, what you changed, you removed the PLD and changed PR 10 for a USB A port, but this is a EHCI controller and the port is internal. Did you want to disable the ports from DSDT that way?

3 hours ago, JakubW said:

I tested the mapped ports with UPBPorts.kexts and the enumeration issue persists, it seems that the port from the DSDT in the EHCI controllers are not mapped and new ones get detected. It's strange, because none of the controllers has more than 15 ports, so in's not a port limit issue, theoretically. Now I know, what you changed, you removed the PLD and changed PR 10 for a USB A port, but this is a EHCI controller and the port is internal. Did you want to disable the ports from DSDT that way?

I added the USB ports in the XHC0 controller and now I know, what is causing tis, both the USB3 and USB2 personalities use the same ports. Will update the Send Me file soon, I also have hidden the PR30, 31 ... ect ports from the EHCI controllers. Will update the SendMe file

22 minutes ago, JakubW said:

I added the USB ports in the XHC0 controller and now I know, what is causing tis, both the USB3 and USB2 personalities use the same ports. Will update the Send Me file soon, I also have hidden the PR30, 31 ... ect ports from the EHCI controllers. Will update the SendMe file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19hhjEWwRU9ZfVbuptbOAinZ_qBlnoD90/view?usp=sharing

DSDT.aml is disables, DSDT-3.aml is the active one

The IOReg couldn't be saved, so I send it separately 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KeXNsKYTMjNPT6LyXlL9dBXLItTzK5F6/view?usp=sharing

• Administrators

x79 dont have xhci intel, is a thirty party usb 3 and need one kext/injector for work

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

6 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

x79 dont have xhci intel, is a thirty party usb 3 and need one kext/injector for work

XHCI unsupported would do with the proper device-id and IOClass int plist fie? GEnericUSB kext isn't working properly, I tased it

25 minutes ago, JakubW said:

XHCI unsupported would do with the proper device-id and IOClass int plist fie? GEnericUSB kext isn't working properly, I tased it

Found the mXHCD.kext for ASMedia, would it work after changing the Fodor and device IDs? 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, JakubW said:

Found the mXHCD.kext for ASMedia, would it work after changing the Fodor and device IDs? 

yes

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png

3 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

yes

What I have noticed, is that the USB 3.0 controller has issues, when a device, that runs below USB 2.0 speed is connected, but not in Windows, just Mac OS, at boot its still shows enumeration issues, but not with my Maschine Mikro MK2 controller, just iLok, AKAI LPD8, mouse and keyboard, all probably run below 480 Mbps

6 hours ago, JakubW said:

Not sure, if it does work, I uses USBPoerts.kext again and the modified mXHCD.kext, the USB controllers still seems to use the APPLEUSBXHCIPCI driver

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KKYk610p2MeRouJSN4Ccx8m7j2N_mteO/view?usp=sharing

Maybe changing the IOProviderClas to Frisco Logic od AsMedia on the port injector kext?

1 hour ago, JakubW said:

Maybe changing the IOProviderClas to Frisco Logic od AsMedia on the port injector kext?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/usb-3-x-pcie-cards-for-classic-mac-pro.1501482/post-23009994

I don't think there is a need to mess with the driver, links above confirm, it works OTB, Maybe some current settings?

Edited by JakubW

1 hour ago, JakubW said:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/usb-3-x-pcie-cards-for-classic-mac-pro.1501482/post-23009994

I don't think there is a need to mess with the driver, links above confirm, it works OTB, Maybe some current settings?

I checked that devices, that require more than 100 mA of current are stable and those at 100 or less have enumeration issues. SO there is an issue with low poerr device rather than the speed. It may be a power issue as this article suggests: https://www.cnet.com/news/tackling-a-usb-device-enumeration-error-in-os-x/

On 2/14/2021 at 10:23 PM, JakubW said:

I checked that devices, that require more than 100 mA of current are stable and those at 100 or less have enumeration issues. SO there is an issue with low poerr device rather than the speed. It may be a power issue as this article suggests: https://www.cnet.com/news/tackling-a-usb-device-enumeration-error-in-os-x/

After looking in Windows via USBDevview, I got another conclusion, all the affected devices are USB 1.1, so maybe the legacy hub should be triggered somehow.

On 1/25/2021 at 5:35 PM, MaLd0n said:

the power management start working now, but u need solve turbo. ur previous config x86platform is not load

It turns out the plugin type needed to be added to the SSDT, now X86 PlatformPlugin is loaded, had to generate custom aml with these args

./ssdtPRGen.sh -p 'E5-2670' -x 1 -target 0 -c 3 -cpus 1 -l 8 -mode custom -d 3

USB 1.1 enumeration issue still present

Edited by JakubW
  • Like 1

I have an impression, tie IO Probe score needs to be adjusted, but do't know how to approach it TBH

On 3/10/2021 at 5:12 PM, JakubW said:

It turns out the plugin type needed to be added to the SSDT, now X86 PlatformPlugin is loaded, had to generate custom aml with these args

./ssdtPRGen.sh -p 'E5-2670' -x 1 -target 0 -c 3 -cpus 1 -l 8 -mode custom -d 3

USB 1.1 enumeration issue still present

Allright, another update on mz CPU. I removed Plugin Type from the CPU SSDT and generated SSDT Plug. Works better with Big Sur. I also had issues with updating to newer build. The fix with older FireWire kexts caused kernel panics and /I had to sort out the Unicore Bridge, use a DSDT patch in OC, but I still can't get FireWire Audio working on Big Sur. I'am afraid I will have to delete the kexts form the OS and load older ones from OC, but it doesn't seem to be a good solution in the long run. Saw this in Verbose Boot and Boot Log:

2021-09-24 02:01:38.037853+0200 0x897      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleFWOHCI) AppleFWOHCI_DescriptorPool::create - link = <private>
2021-09-24 02:01:38.049394+0200 0x897      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleFWAudio) AM824NuDCLRead::Start() failed: 0xe00002d4
2021-09-24 02:01:38.057864+0200 0x897      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleFWAudio) AppleFWAudioDevice::initHardware error StartAllStreams
2021-09-24 02:01:38.065788+0200 0x897      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleFWAudio) AppleFWAudioDevice[<private>]::initHardware() Error!!! something wrong in initHardware calling cleanUpResources() status=<private>
2021-09-24 02:01:38.076060+0200 0x897      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleFWAudio) AppleRemoteAudioDevice[<private>]::initHardware(<private>) failed

Will compare with Catalina.

• Administrators

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png