icecold

Non metal HD6870 on Mojave

My Sierra hackintosh disk suffered an I/O error that couldn't be repaired as I had another disk with Mojave installed, I used it to backup my Sierra drive, but as Mojave doesn't support my HD6870 I was stuck with lame graphics, I was researching online, if there was a solution to at least patch Mojave so I can use my HD6870 with it, and the only viable solution I've found was to use High Sierra kexts, so my question is do you have them available for download somewhere as I just need the kexts that make my card work, and maybe some Clover configurator, guideline.

It just needs to work better than how it is now, with a fixed lame resolution and almost unusable ... 
any ideas will be welcome.

Edited by icecold
forgot something

• Administrators

i think line 6 lose support in mojave+

u can try with old kexts

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

3 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

i think line 6 lose support in mojave+

u can try with old kexts

Do you think I can just copy old Sierra kexts to S/L/E such as AMDRadeon.kext AMD6000Controller.kext AMDLegacySupport.kext and such?

I tried using Dosdude1 script for Mojave but got a bunch of errors

cp: cannot overwrite directory /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework/Libraries with non-directory GPUSupport.framework/Libraries
cp: cannot overwrite directory /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework/Resources with non-directory GPUSupport.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory GPUSupport.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Libraries with non-directory OpenGL.framework/Libraries
cp: cannot overwrite directory /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Resources with non-directory OpenGL.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current
(base) ic3XMs-iMac:10.14.4accel ic3xm$ sudo ./install.sh
cp: cannot overwrite directory /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework/Libraries with non-directory GPUSupport.framework/Libraries
cp: cannot overwrite directory /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework/Resources with non-directory GPUSupport.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory GPUSupport.framework/Versions/Current
cp: cannot overwrite directory /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Libraries with non-directory OpenGL.framework/Libraries
cp: cannot overwrite directory /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Resources with non-directory OpenGL.framework/Resources
cp: cannot overwrite directory /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current with non-directory OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current

• Administrators

change this card for one rx580

what ur processor?

-Donations-

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

xcd5u2Y.png

On 12/18/2020 at 10:51 PM, MaLd0n said:

change this card for one rx580

what ur processor?

Sorry but due to my current situation can't afford it, it's way too expensive ... BTW I noticed my tiny G16 10 processor is Ivy Bridge and therefore it's integrated GPU is Mojave compatible, however, I installed kexts for non-Metal HD 3000 Intels and as such now I get an error when I try to boot Mojave, so my question is what's needed besides Lilo and WhateverGreen to fix the graphics? Talking about the IGPU, to my surprise that tiny lil thingy is Ivy Bridge and therefore supports 3rd Generation Intel Graphics.

BTW I is there a way to remove kexts from the terminal? Is there a new kext utility?

10.14 (5-6)
Install /System/Library/Extensions/
AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle
Install /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework
Install /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework
Install /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework

As you can see now all these kexts and replacement libraries are on S/L/E and on the other folders ... So to my knowledge this is creating a conflict, to an otherwise easy installation using QE/QI on Mojave, using the supported IGPU.

Edited by icecold
add info

Well finally after Injecting Intel HD 4000 into Clover's bootloader, and changing FAKEID and platform to 0x01660003 I made a huge progress! and was able to get the IGPU drivers, but one minor thing I need to tweak, is the VRAM is showing just 7Mb, I changed Shared memory on the AMI UEFI BIOS from Auto to 64Mb and I'm still getting 7Mb instead of the full memory, any ideas what else can be modified to finally render 1920x1080p 60Hz with full VRAM? 

Edited by icecold

• Administrators

for me work good with only InjectIntel

-Donations-

xcd5u2Y.png