ChristoAta

[HELP] Installing Big Sur on Ivy Bridge Xeon E5-2620 v2, chinese x79 motherboard.

So i'm curently running Catalina on this PC. Here are the specs:

• CPU: Intel® Xeon® E5-2620 v2 - 6 cores 12 threads - 2.1Ghz - 2.4Ghz.

• GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 740 1GB (GK107-425-A2 Kepler platform).

• RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) 1066 Mhz ECC DDR3.

• Motherboard/Laptop Make and Model: Essenc X79G v1.3.

• Audio Codec: Azalia HD Audio / C600/X79 series chipset High Definition Audio Controller

• Ethernet Card: Realtek RTL8111.

• BT Card: CSR 4.0 Bluetooth USB card (Qualcomm/Cambridge Silicon Radio CSR8510).

• BIOS: X79G00E - Aptio Setup Utility Version 2.15.1236.

• NVME: ADATA Falcon 256GB.

Now I want to install Big Sur...but I'm completely lost on how to configure OpenCore or Clover for my PC. Itried Dortania guide several times. And I always get stucked at "[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]". Then I tried the Clover EFI you provide here for x79 and the result is almos the same, only this time I get stucked at the line of plus signs. It does not boots the BigSur installer nor the working Catalina installation.

So I first I tried OpenCore, and got stuckd at "[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]"

Then I tried Clover from here, and got stucked at the plus sign line.

Honestly, I don't know what else to do. I'm completely lost. I don't even remember how many times I tried things I found on the web...but seems that none ver tried to install Big Sur on a CPU like mine. I think the problem has to do with the SSDT...but I have no idea how to make one, and the technical documenttion is beyond my comprehension.

I hope somone may have a clue.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by ChristoAta

• Administrators

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

12 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

Thanks! I will try those.

I love how, from time to time, the hackintoshing process makes me feel like I've ben fronzen since the 19th century and now someone throws me something that is called computer lol

19 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

Ok, I just followed the OpenCore Vanilla Guide. Now OpenCoree does not list the Installer. I checked if Hfsplus.efi was enabled and present insode Drivers folder, and everything seems to be OK,....but it is not listed by OpenCore.

I'm attaching my EFI (I changed the serial number just in case someone else download it)

EFI.zip

I still cannot make Big Sur installer to run. No matter what I do, whatever quirk settings I change, whatever ACPI aml files I use, whatever ketxs I use....OpenCore 0.6.4 and 0.6.5 gets stucked at this DAMN "[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]" . It is really frustrating. I already tried the troubleshooting guide for this problem from Dortnia, but the result is the same...."[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]" .

I don't want to give up. I've seen people runnign big sur on hardware like mine.

Edited by ChristoAta
typo

Hi everyone, I have this configuration, Asus P8Z77 V LX2, I5 3330, 8GB DDR3 and 
an Asus GT 740 2GB. 
I can only install and start Catalina with nv_disable = 1 and resulting in nvidia 
chip model 6mb.
If I don't add this parameter halfway through loading the screen turns off, as if it loses 
the video signal. Thanks for all the help you can get.
Edited by Tazorro