lukakeiton

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 F13

I have successfully installed macOS Big Sur 11.1 Beta

Specs:

• Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 F13 BIOS
  • Intel Core i7 920
  • Nvidia GeForce GT 710 2GB

Full patched DSDT but reboot does not work.

Use install/restore installation.

Download EFI

Screenshots:

dNoqSHv.png

vMBv3CZ.png

b5prIUC.png

baCeMe6.png

dcWy4HC.png

HdhSf2s.png

tssdc0f.png

Edited by lukakeiton
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 590 8GB

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz

I have a similar build but till now I didn't manage to make it works any help would be appreciated .I am on Ga-EX58-UD3R (differences on our mob I think is only the audio alc888 vs alc889) with an i7-920 LGA1366 and a Nvidia GeForce GT 710 .

I am using opencore 0.6.4 ,the usb stick boots just finely am getting in the installer, format the new disk as APFS but 12 minutes before finishing every time, I am getting unable to get fs for /Volumes/MyVolume/Macos install data and then after a few lines in the installer log the system hangs and reboot.

So I thought ok, in Catalina as well with clover I was getting 2-3 restarts before the end of the installation and after choosing the new partition the installation kept going.

In this case after the restart , I boot from the usb again and i chose the apfs HDD with the name now bigsur installer. Choosing this gives me a kernel panic after a few commands and the system restarts. Photo

Here is  MYEFI 

We have very similar builds so maybe it's possible to install BigSur in this old guard.I don't thing it's an EFI issue or opencore config error because the system boots till the installer fine, no error.The installation begins and 12 minutes before the end (at that point boot loader doesn't have a lot to do with the whole procedure ) it fails.

I don't want to hijack your thread, shall I open another one ?

Edited by iceage2609

1 hour ago, iceage2609 said:

I have a similar build but till now I didn't manage to make it works any help would be appreciated .I am on Ga-EX58-UD3R (differences on our mob I think is only the audio alc888 vs alc889) with an i7-920 LGA1366 and a Nvidia GeForce GT 710 .

I am using opencore 0.6.4 ,the usb stick boots just finely am getting in the installer, format the new disk as APFS but 12 minutes before finishing every time, I am getting unable to get fs for /Volumes/MyVolume/Macos install data and then after a few lines in the installer log the system hangs and reboot.

So I thought ok, in Catalina as well with clover I was getting 2-3 restarts before the end of the installation and after choosing the new partition the installation kept going.

In this case after the restart , I boot from the usb again and i chose the apfs HDD with the name now bigsur installer. Choosing this gives me a kernel panic after a few commands and the system restarts. Photo

Here is  MYEFI 

We have very similar builds so maybe it's possible to install BigSur in this old guard.I don't thing it's an EFI issue or opencore config error because the system boots till the installer fine, no error.The installation begins and 12 minutes before the end (at that point boot loader doesn't have a lot to do with the whole procedure ) it fails.

I don't want to hijack your thread, shall I open another one ?

Hi, all gb ex58 (rev 1.0) have same DSDT. So, we have the same.

The 12 minutes problem happened to me too. I used restore install method (I have installed BS on other PC, then change the SSD to this PC).

As you mention, reboot function works for you, unlucky me. I am going to analyse if there is any difference.

You KP is related with IOGraphicsFamily.kext, try to remove whatevergreen.kext. Remember Nvidia GT 710 is a Kepler graphic card, so it is natively supported.

Install with USB was imposible for me, I used restore /install method to get it work. Then, use your EFI. I think it is correct.

Don't worry about writing here, I am here to help.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

On 2/4/2021 at 4:46 PM, lukakeiton said:

Hi, all gb ex58 (rev 1.0) have same DSDT. So, we have the same.

The 12 minutes problem happened to me too. I used restore install method (I have installed BS on other PC, then change the SSD to this PC).

As you mention, reboot function works for you, unlucky me. I am going to analyse if there is any difference.

You KP is related with IOGraphicsFamily.kext, try to remove whatevergreen.kext. Remember Nvidia GT 710 is a Kepler graphic card, so it is natively supported.

Install with USB was imposible for me, I used restore /install method to get it work. Then, use your EFI. I think it is correct.

Don't worry about writing here, I am here to help.

Thanks for answering and sorry for my bad English I am not a native speaker but I will try my best. So I have downloaded your folder and saw that we have a different DSDT and some kexts  but as far as I am concerned that's not the real problem. I am guessing that because the USB stick boots just fine, it's not a DSDT or a config issue.I don't have KP or other errors. 

I did your suggestion but removing whatevergreen.kext gave me black screen after the usb boot. ( or this kext has nothing to do and i messed up other things during copying?...)
By reading your post I came to an understanding that without resolving the 12 minute issue ,I can't go on. And since you did solve it with a kind of trick, I mean without a setting or a kext or something like that I can't do it.

I have to find another hackintosh ?  or you did it on a real Mac ? (explaining some steps would be great if you may)

On Catalina which is the OS I am running now with clover, it did reboot 2-3 times before the end but after the reboot choosing the HDD partition kept the installation going contrary to what I am facing now. 

Do you have any clue if the 12 minute is an error or it's part of the procedure ( as I've said with clover on Catalina) and the error is the one I am dealing with during the boot with HDD (the one you said related with IOGraphicsFamily.kext )

Needless to say I tried with Clover as well, boot again just fine with the stick, installation just fine...12 minute reboot and then choosing the new partition gave me again the error above.

I know too many questions :-) Anyway thanks for your help.

Edited by iceage2609

The main aim of creating a patched DSDT is make the more similar as posible as real Mac (I choose iMacPro1,1). For example, you use PX40 (real name on our DSDT), I renamed to LPCB. Same with USB devices.

You can use this method:

Did I face with 12 minutes error? Yes. What I did? I installed BS on separately SDD in other PC (I have 3) and when finished, I changed EFI to GB-EFI. That works for me. It takes a while to boot, at least 1 minute and a half.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

On 2/10/2021 at 12:38 PM, lukakeiton said:

The main aim of creating a patched DSDT is make the more similar as posible as real Mac (I choose iMacPro1,1). For example, you use PX40 (real name on our DSDT), I renamed to LPCB. Same with USB devices.

You can use this method:

Did I face with 12 minutes error? Yes. What I did? I installed BS on separately SDD in other PC (I have 3) and when finished, I changed EFI to GB-EFI. That works for me. It takes a while to boot, at least 1 minute and a half.

Some good news, i used the restore method, latest opencore and the EFi from my first post (+USBInjectAll.kext) +your DSDT and finally i got BigSur installed on my SSD.

The problem now is that my USB mouse doesn't work... Any idea or did you face a similar issue ?

Thanks again for your great hep and suggestion to use the restore method, regular installation in my case never passed the 12 minute error and the reboot loop after that.

I am glad to help you!

With respect to your problem, have you tried USBInjectAll.kext? Other way to this is creating your own USB kext. No, I didn't face it.

I am happy you realized what I want to say. With those mobos, installation is not so easy as it seems. Restore mode is the only way I have found to make BS works on this old hardware.

• Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

17 hours ago, lukakeiton said:

I am glad to help you!

With respect to your problem, have you tried USBInjectAll.kext? Other way to this is creating your own USB kext. No, I didn't face it.

I am happy you realized what I want to say. With those mobos, installation is not so easy as it seems. Restore mode is the only way I have found to make BS works on this old hardware.

Yes i did but it didn’t help. It seems only one port to function so for now i attached a hub and plug mouse-keyboard-printer and BT/Wifi Broadcom card on that and it’s working . Not a permanent solution but it did the trick  for the moment .I will keep searching and come back for feedback if i come up with a solution

Cheers and thanks for your help.

Edited by iceage2609