Successful upgrade

16 hours ago, anto barreca said:
  • CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU
  • Motherboard
    Intel B365 (Kaby Lake) Acer
  • GPU
    Intel UHD 630 (Coffee Lake-S)

i am using catalina, with Lenovo Legion Y530 8300H UHD630 (coffe lake 8generation), but how to make installable from catalina to BIG SUR, do i only copy paste the config.plist in my EFI Folder Catalina, the update BIG SUR via preferences?

33 minutes ago, blossomx said:

i am using catalina, with Lenovo Legion Y530 8300H UHD630 (coffe lake 8generation), but how to make installable from catalina to BIG SUR, do i only copy paste the config.plist in my EFI Folder Catalina, the update BIG SUR via preferences?

The confg.plist file inside the efi oc folder as well as the apple and boot folder must be copied to the efi partition of the disk or do you boot via the usb? .The update to big sur arrives automatically via system preferences

16 hours ago, anto barreca said:

The confg.plist file inside the efi oc folder as well as the apple and boot folder must be copied to the efi partition of the disk or do you boot via the usb? .The update to big sur arrives automatically via system preferences

my existing catalina using CLOVER BOOT loader, i am already download upgrade BIGSUR via preferences, but when finish install, nothing happen only still Catalina with one boot OSX

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 20.27.37.zip

30 minutes ago, blossomx said:

my existing catalina using CLOVER BOOT loader, i am already download upgrade BIGSUR via preferences, but when finish install, nothing happen only still Catalina with one boot OSX

Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 20.27.37.zip 959.28 kB · 0 downloads

The installation is a bit long, after the download it starts but it restarts more times 2 or 3 it seems to me, at each restart you have to continue the installation by selecting the installer on boot menu

2 minutes ago, anto barreca said:

The installation is a bit long, after the download it starts but it restarts more times 2 or 3 it seems to me, at each restart you have to continue the installation by selecting the installer on boot menu