power2me

ASUS P8Z68-V LE

I have a few questions on my hardware and whether or not it will be cohesive with Lion? All of my hardware is listed in my signature below. The biggest question are will my on-board hardware RAID work (in a dual boot scenario) where windows will be on it own HDD and Hackintosh on the other and the RAID would be for storage between the two) Next would be DSDT for ease of installation and upgrade with out MANY hitches.

I've looked everywhere and can not find a pre-patched BIOS for my mobo anywhere. So i'll be doing it my self. So today I extracted my DSDT in windows 7 x64 and I tryed to just compile it without touching it, and weirdly enough i received a error, warnings, remarks and optimizations that it couldn't fix by clicking the button lol. I could not compile and save my .aml file, so I will attach my .dsl file for someone to look at if they would like.

I'll be honest here I look at the code the dsdt exacter came back with and I really dont know what I'm looking at lol. Is there a good explanation and tutorials for DSDT code? Or if someone knowledgeable could patch it for me hehe :roll:

the on board RAID controller... will it work? Ill probably have to get a SATA RAID controller.

DSDT.zip

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LE BIOS 3808 unpatched

Proc: i5 2500k

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600

GPU: ASUS 6870

PSU: Corsair GS 700 Watt

HDDs: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD SATA III AND 2x 500GB Seagate 7200.12 SATA II (RAID 0)

Optical: LG DVD burner

You have ALC892 and the edit has been applied. Just have any voodoo driver removed before restarting with this DSDT.

For some other useful edits other then the amazing patches on here look at this blog:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/

DSDT.aml.zip

Asus Rampage IV Extreme - MSI R6870 - Intel Core I7 3820 LGA 2011 - 16 GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT - Mountain Lion

MSI G41M-P23 - GTX 580 - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 - 8 GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws - Mountain Lion

DSDT Blog: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/

Cool man, thanks a bunch. Very nice link as well, reading on injecting AMD/ATI graphic cards now

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LE BIOS 3808 unpatched

Proc: i5 2500k

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600

GPU: ASUS 6870

PSU: Corsair GS 700 Watt

HDDs: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD SATA III AND 2x 500GB Seagate 7200.12 SATA II (RAID 0)

Optical: LG DVD burner

Is the pacthed DSDT that Beta uploaded, I have the same motherboard, but the audio on this sucks and I need to you HDA enabler and voodoo ketxts to get audio to work properly. If I use multitool from tonycrap and use the userdsdt with this one, can I get native audio without any extra stuff??

If you use this DSDT you just need to install the modified AppleHDA for ALC892 from 10.7.4 from multishit. This will enable audio.

If you need help or have questions you can message me here or email on my blog.

Asus Rampage IV Extreme - MSI R6870 - Intel Core I7 3820 LGA 2011 - 16 GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT - Mountain Lion

MSI G41M-P23 - GTX 580 - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 - 8 GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws - Mountain Lion

DSDT Blog: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/

You have ALC892 and the edit has been applied. Just have any voodoo driver removed before restarting with this DSDT.

For some other useful edits other then the amazing patches on here look at this blog:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/

Hi Beta,

I tried the DSDT with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and the PS2 port seems to get disabled. My PS2 Keyboard was not detected. I have deleted the DSDT.aml from /Extra and my PS2 keyboard is detected.

I am using the following kexts from myHack for PS2 in /Extra/Extensions/

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

If you can edit the DSDT.aml to have PS2 support, I can test it...

BTW, is there any advantage going for the DSDT method from non-DSDT? I suppose I'll have sleep, right?