bss111

Successful installation macOS Catalina 10.15.6 on laptop DELL Inspiron-I5-10th-G Model ( 3493 ) Ice Lake.

On 1/30/2021 at 4:32 PM, bss111 said:

Tracking my fainal EFI update soon sir.

Hi.

As I posted previously above I was able to install Catalina via OC on (almost) the same lap top: [Dell i3593]. I also build it from scratch but mainly used your EFI as my basis. Every thing (almost) works except HDMI (cpu specific issue) and trackpad + sleep (hardware, specific issue I think).

I see that you dropped a new EFI last Jan 21st, can you list which stuff works and which ones don't. Do you any or all of what I listed above as my current issues working?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I managed to to install Catalina on Inspiron 3793 using EFI-DELL-3493 + NVIDIA PATCH (OC 6.3 version published on 06/Nov/2020). I was able to install Nvidia Web driver and everything seems in perfect order. However something must be missing in my configuration. After restarting the PC it still uses Intel Iris Plus Graphics G1 (Ice Lake) 7 MB instead of NVIDIA Web Driver. Could someone please tell me how to resolve this issue.

Many thanks!!! 

I have only 8 GB RAM memory, in case it is important.

On 9/15/2020 at 4:20 PM, bss111 said:

( 06 NOV 2020 )New EFI DELL 3493 with ( NVIDIA GeForce MX230 ) Working 100% by Dortina setup !

My Full EFI DELL 3493 = OpenCore ( 6.3 ) + I5-1035-G1 + Intel Wifi ( Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Plus Bluetooth ) + GP108M [GeForce MX230] 2GB + Intel Iris Plus Graphics G1 (Ice Lake) + RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller + other.

If you have different things of parts delete it from device section by opencore configuration + OFF kext for that parts.

Download > https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsc333vascik276/EFI-DELL-3493-ICE LAKE %2B NVIDIA PATCH.zip?dl=0

Do not forget if you have less than 32GB of ram SET ( memory ) section to default + set > Platform > ( CustomMemory ) > NO.

Enjoy ,,

Hi,

Thank you very much for everything what you have done for all of us.

I managed toinstall Catalina on Inspiron 3793 Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 - 8GB RAM - MX230 + Intel Iris Plus Graphics using your slightly modified (as far as the memory size) EFI-DELL-3493 + NVIDIA PATCH (OC 6.3 version published on 06/Nov/2020). I was able to install Nvidia Web driver and everything seems in perfect order. However something must be missing in my configuration. After restarting the PC it still uses Intel Iris Plus Graphics G1 (Ice Lake) 7 MB instead of NVIDIA Web Driver. Could you please tell me how to resolve this issue and get the Nvidia running. I also have no acceleration on iGPU either. I am attaching a picture of my screen.

Many thanks in advance!!! 

IMG_0105.JPG.zip

Edited by henrkk
Changed picture, some text modification

On 6/21/2021 at 5:05 PM, henrkk said:

Hi,

Thank you very much for everything what you have done for all of us.

I managed toinstall Catalina on Inspiron 3793 Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 - 8GB RAM - MX230 + Intel Iris Plus Graphics using your slightly modified (as far as the memory size) EFI-DELL-3493 + NVIDIA PATCH (OC 6.3 version published on 06/Nov/2020). I was able to install Nvidia Web driver and everything seems in perfect order. However something must be missing in my configuration. After restarting the PC it still uses Intel Iris Plus Graphics G1 (Ice Lake) 7 MB instead of NVIDIA Web Driver. Could you please tell me how to resolve this issue and get the Nvidia running. I also have no acceleration on iGPU either. I am attaching a picture of my screen.

Many thanks in advance!!! 

IMG_0105.JPG.zip 108.03 kB · 2 downloads

Hello, you can change every things from config.plist by OCConfigurating section Device prop ..

so use that soulotion + make export your device by Hakintol take new & change to OCC.

3 hours ago, bss111 said:

Hello, you can change every things from config.plist by OCConfigurating section Device prop ..

so use that soulotion + make export your device by Hakintol take new & change to OCC.

Hi, thanks for your replay. First of al I'd like to concentrate on getting the hardware acceleration using iGPU. After changes to config.plist (not so many, anyway) I rebooted the comp with default Intel graphics device. Hackintool > file> export suggested only the change of AAPL,ig-platform-id to 000005FF. So I did the modification to my config.plist and restarted the pc. Again no change, still there is no hardware acceleration (memory 7 MB, instead expected 1536 MB). What changes can you suggest for me to get the thing working. Please see enclosed config.plist exported with Hackintool. I hope I understood correctly your last answer.

Thanks again.

config.plist.zip

Edited by henrkk
minor text addition

21 hours ago, henrkk said:

Hi, thanks for your replay. First of al I'd like to concentrate on getting the hardware acceleration using iGPU. After changes to config.plist (not so many, anyway) I rebooted the comp with default Intel graphics device. Hackintool > file> export suggested only the change of AAPL,ig-platform-id to 000005FF. So I did the modification to my config.plist and restarted the pc. Again no change, still there is no hardware acceleration (memory 7 MB, instead expected 1536 MB). What changes can you suggest for me to get the thing working. Please see enclosed config.plist exported with Hackintool. I hope I understood correctly your last answer.

Thanks again.

config.plist.zip 914 B · 1 download

Wich kind your of UHD ?

29 minutes ago, bss111 said:

Wich kind your of UHD ?

Thanks for your patience. I am not a very experienced Hackintosher, I have not previously used much of Hackintool. I am attaching the output of ubuntu lspci command. I hope this will answer your question. Now, I am pretty sure I did not what you expected me to do in the previous post. I would be extremely grateful for more of your patience and further help.

Best regards Henryk

lspci.txt.zip

Edited by henrkk
minor text corrections

Just now, henrkk said:

Thanks for your patience. I am not a very experienced Hackintosher, I have not previously used much of Hackintool. I am attaching the output of ubuntu lspci command. I hope this will answer your question. Now, I am pretty sure I did not what you expected me to do in the previous post. I would be extremely grateful for more of your patience and further help.

Best regards Henryk

lspci.txt.zip 1.07 kB · 0 downloads

Full EFI i hope good work try & tell me,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wr2aq6k7c16wmp0/EFI_DELL_3793.zip?dl=0

3 hours ago, bss111 said:

OK, thanks for your help. I understand getting the acceleration on Intel Iris Plus is not a simple thing. I thought you might have a ready solution. That means you have another Intel UHD not Iris Plus and the other card does work correctly? What about getting the Nvidia MX230 running. Do you have it working on your system? Here our Nvidia cards are the same, could you please share your full EFI with me if possible?

Thanks for your help again.

PS. I messed things with my henrkk amount, lost my password and could not retrieve it so I created a new one henrkk1.