bss111

Successful installation macOS Catalina 10.15.6 on laptop DELL Inspiron-I5-10th-G Model ( 3493 ) Ice Lake.

Well, I happened to fix this by myself, unexpectedly of course. I used Hackintool to inject a supported dev-id and frame buffer.  But one issue is there. How to fix the HDMI? 

@bss111 bro, if you can explain how to get the HDMI going, you would be a hero! I suspect that my HDMI is connected to the dGPU (MX 250), you have said in an earlier post that it is possible to patch, right? 

27 minutes ago, Jenul's Work said:

Well, I happened to fix this by myself, unexpectedly of course. I used Hackintool to inject a supported dev-id and frame buffer.  But one issue is there. How to fix the HDMI? 

@bss111 bro, if you can explain how to get the HDMI going, you would be a hero! I suspect that my HDMI is connected to the dGPU (MX 250), you have said in an earlier post that it is possible to patch, right? 

Good news, so i will give you nvdia patch > Nvidia-Devices.tiff.zip

by your hand for device write the same.

9 hours ago, Jenul's Work said:

Can you share screenshot and your config for working gpu in big sur I am having bad time to fix on ice lake as it is hardest to achieve on this processor than amd ryzen itself 

9 hours ago, Jenul's Work said:

how to do this? Can you explain in DETAIL? Will the HDMI work after this? Note that I have mx 250 not 230. Will this work for it as well? Please explain dear friend. 🙃

1. for intel gpu + HDMI Use OpenCore Configuration app + Hkitnool > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/gpu-patching/intel-patching/busid.html#mapping-the-video-ports

2. for NVIDIA > Legacy way but work > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/gpu-patching/intel-patching/busid.html#mapping-the-video-ports

3. nvida already gave it to you for any device of 1024, 2048,... etc mb of ram nvidia dev, only change NVCAP LINE RESULT but youre device the same my spec ( 230,250, ... etc ).

4. intel wifi > https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm

Edited by bss111
update

4 hours ago, Jenul's Work said:

hey😗, I am not a technical person. So can you config the HDMI for me? Lets leave out Nvidia for now. 

Brother I have fixed my machine and booted big sur I am having some problem in fixing gpu hdmi and touchpad till then can you share some screen shot of display tab and settings properties to get some idea

3 hours ago, prabhat04 said:

Brother I have fixed my machine and booted big sur I am having some problem in fixing gpu hdmi and touchpad till then can you share some screen shot of display tab and settings properties to get some idea

Here you go, sorry I didn't see your first message. HDMI is not working BTW. 

4 hours ago, prabhat04 said:

Brother, my config.plist in EFI there is a patch an IGPU + HDMI so download it or you have my EFI alreadey change only number "address" device for you, such as 0000568A my device change to your no. device.

4 hours ago, prabhat04 said:

@prabhat04

after boot to system go to app > opencore configuration app > go to devices section > delete all dvices > press (+) > choose line All new devices > auto will be add all your actualy devices > save .. done.

IGPU, dGPU,HDMI need change some set ( olarila web site or opencore site have all a sulotion ) so dont wory, try and tell us.

good luke.

Edited by bss111
update

1 hour ago, prabhat04 said:

Guys i have fixed trackpad gpu hdmi and audio too next major problem is sleep any help for that @bss111

Congradilation, good job so about sleep try > SSDT-FixLidSleep.aml.zip + HibernationFixup.kext.zip. if not work read this section > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/sleep.html#preparations

dont forget share fixed trackpad gpu hdmi and audio too.

Edited by bss111

2 hours ago, unixisgooooooood said:

How you fix HDMI on ice lake ? as i know it still not recognize by mac os driver as 0xFireWolf aka Austere.J said here https://github.com/Ardentwheel/OpenCore-Hasee-X57S1/issues/3#issuecomment-711080776

Is your hdmi connected to the NVIDIA ?

Thank you

my laptop has a displayport and my monitor has displayport too not that much sure about hdmi as i have some sleep issue and it goes black btw you know how to scale as screen goes relatively small for 14 inch laptop how to enable hidpi if you have that problem

1 hour ago, prabhat04 said:

my laptop has a displayport and my monitor has displayport too not that much sure about hdmi as i have some sleep issue and it goes black btw you know how to scale as screen goes relatively small for 14 inch laptop how to enable hidpi if you have that problem

Go to OC Configuration > NVRAM section > under this > 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 :

• UIScale:

• 01: Standard resolution
    • 02: HiDPI (generally required for FileVault to function correctly on smaller displays
  • change from 01 to 02 > save > restart > done.
Edited by bss111

7 hours ago, unixisgooooooood said:

How you fix HDMI on ice lake ? as i know it still not recognize by mac os driver as 0xFireWolf aka Austere.J said here https://github.com/Ardentwheel/OpenCore-Hasee-X57S1/issues/3#issuecomment-711080776

Is your hdmi connected to the NVIDIA ?

Thank you

Read ,

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/gpu-patching/nvidia-patching/

16 hours ago, bss111 said:

Go to OC Configuration > NVRAM section > under this > 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 :

• UIScale:

• 01: Standard resolution
    • 02: HiDPI (generally required for FileVault to function correctly on smaller displays
  • change from 01 to 02 > save > restart > done.

I have fixed hidpi but my microphone not working and it got restart not sleep too

@bss111 I rarely post here, but I just want to say big thanks to you for settings things up for everybody. I just got my device but it's the 15" version. Aside from making a clone of the stock Wondows OS (for backup purposes), this was the first thing I did.

Thanks again

On 11/20/2020 at 12:26 AM, Jenul's Work said:

Hello Guys! A newbie here, 

So, after a long time of trying and failing I installed BigSur from @bss111 EFI. But I am not getting graphics acceleration. Wifi is good. Audio is broken but usb earphones work. HDMI not working. Extremely laggy.  Trackpad working perfectly (ELAN). Keyboard is working as well but I am not sure wether it is mapped correctly. 

So, if anyone can help me get graphics acceleration , I will be eternally grateful .Please, at this stage I am desperate. ☺️ Thanks!

Here are my specs: 

ASUS Vivobook S15 

Ice Lake i5 

Nvidia MX 250 (I have already given up hopes on this one :(

12 GB RAM

hello bro reply as soon as you see this 

thanks

Hi, I'm new to this, I recently managed to install Catalina with the latest version of EFi from @bss111 the problem is that the system works very slow, it's not really a pleasant experience, I have the same dell laptop, according to I read, it is possible to activate the graphic acceleration that I understand it would make the system faster, but I have not the slightest idea how to do it, does someone have a tutorial or can you help me in this process please?

On 12/8/2020 at 12:08 AM, Yijem said:

I have Dell Inspiron 3593. Can I just copy-paste the EFI folder that you have provided without making any changes? Will it work?

yes copy - past wich EFI folder it will be work.

On 1/20/2021 at 10:03 PM, ritesh dhull said:

hello bro reply as soon as you see this 

thanks

Brother install catalina with my EFI catalna, Big Sur not completly work, thanks

On 1/28/2021 at 2:38 AM, vicentyicopc said:

Hi, I'm new to this, I recently managed to install Catalina with the latest version of EFi from @bss111 the problem is that the system works very slow, it's not really a pleasant experience, I have the same dell laptop, according to I read, it is possible to activate the graphic acceleration that I understand it would make the system faster, but I have not the slightest idea how to do it, does someone have a tutorial or can you help me in this process please?

i will put my EFI fainal folder soon, try it pl.

On 1/28/2021 at 2:38 AM, vicentyicopc said:

Tracking my fainal EFI update soon sir.

On 1/30/2021 at 4:32 PM, bss111 said:

On 9/15/2020 at 10:20 AM, bss111 said:

UPDATE ( 21 JAN 2021 )

New EFI with final OC 6.5 - Ice Lake UHD G1-G7 All Procssers -  Rtl 8100 Ehternet - audio - ..... etc. ( Catalina only 10.5.0 - 10.5.7 ).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cb72qfzlndfkw3b/EFI-DELL 3493 %26 Other Dell 10th( 21 JAN 2021 )-OC 6.5-Catalina.zip?dl=0

Enjoy ,,

Hi.

Can you recheck your link coz I tried downloading it using two different computers, no dice. Perhaps there's an issue with the link.

Thanks

[EDIT] - Working now.

Edited by neo.e92