xayide

Xeon E5 should I give up and wait?

I have an old Xeon E5 V2 (ivy bridge EP, same as in Mac Pro 6,1). I cannot for my life get big sur installer to boot. I am using Clover 2121. I read that clover is not compatible with big sur due to changes in how the prelinked kernel is normaly used. Should I give up or maybe change to OopenCore?

Anyone got such an old computer to boot the installer and install big sur? If so what tools did you use?

• Administrators

-Donations-

PayPal HERE - Stripe HERE - Ko-Fi HERE - BuyMeaCoffee HERE - Mercado Livre HERE

Skrill danielnmaldonado@gmail.com - BTC 33HeGCuCSh4tUBqdYkQqKpSDa1E7WeAJQ3 - BNB 0x10D1d656eCa00bD521f9b4A43B83098B8142e115 - USDT BSC BEP20 0xb57cfdfa371fad1981910f0e8332409ab99f74d9 - USDT TRC20 TUR6Z9AVS4AYzqPnULoHrfFvppRbhXmNbZ - KASPA kaspa:qpxzufgfj8p6r0krg58yzvs0009h2mwqgvcawa0xc2pth7sgzpv56j4f6dtvk - PicPay @danielnmaldonado - PiX @danielnmaldonado@gmail.com

Premium Users HERE - Problems with Paypal HERE

xcd5u2Y.png

New ways to earn money with Linkvertise HERE

On 9/4/2020 at 7:12 AM, xayide said:

I have an old Xeon E5 V2 (ivy bridge EP, same as in Mac Pro 6,1). I cannot for my life get big sur installer to boot. I am using Clover 2121. I read that clover is not compatible with big sur due to changes in how the prelinked kernel is normaly used. Should I give up or maybe change to OopenCore?

Anyone got such an old computer to boot the installer and install big sur? If so what tools did you use?

It is done! Big Sur running on E5 2630 v2  Atermiter  X79GA00E Chinese combo

https://ibb.co/sJT46L7

Edited by anerik70-2

On 10/23/2020 at 11:40 AM, xayide said:

Looks good care to share clover efi? I know its not foolproof but it helps...

I will help you. Yesterday I managed to install BigSur on my x79 (Sandy Bridge-E) Clover r5126 . Still unable to install and want help?

i7 3930k (Sandy Bridge-E) - Rampage IV Extreme (x79) Bios 4901 Modified to NVME - AMD RX 5700XT - 16GB (4x4GB) Ripjaws 1866MHz - Monterey 12.3.1 - Clover 5146

I have a X99 AII board with a

Intel Xeon E5­2609 V4 1.7 GHz LGA 2011­3 85W BX80660E52609V4

on which I am unable to install either Catalina or Big Sur. Any help would be appreciated, for sure. Thanks

Edited by laudou
Missing info

2 hours ago, laudou said:

I have a X99 AII board with a

Intel Xeon E5­2609 V4 1.7 GHz LGA 2011­3 85W BX80660E52609V4

on which I am unable to install either Catalina or Big Sur. Any help would be appreciated, for sure. Thanks

Where are you stuck in Catalina?

i7 3930k (Sandy Bridge-E) - Rampage IV Extreme (x79) Bios 4901 Modified to NVME - AMD RX 5700XT - 16GB (4x4GB) Ripjaws 1866MHz - Monterey 12.3.1 - Clover 5146

1 hour ago, laudou said:

Hi

Do you mean the usb installer EFI folder? 

Haven't you done your custom EFI yet? Where are you stuck? Has it passed the installation part? What is your hardware?

See the post I made for x79 platforms, it can help you.

Edited by viniciusmi00

Here is my hardware Asus X99 AII. LGA 2011 V3 + Intel Xeon E5­2609 V4 1.7 GHz+ Nvidia GT 710. Of course, I have a EFI which I am trying to attach to this reply but I am told that its zip size is too large to be uploaded here. How can I send it to you?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 hour ago, laudou said:

Here is my hardware Asus X99 AII. LGA 2011 V3 + Intel Xeon E5­2609 V4 1.7 GHz+ Nvidia GT 710. Of course, I have a EFI which I am trying to attach to this reply but I am told that its zip size is too large to be uploaded here. How can I send it to you?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Put it on Google Drive, or any other means of sending a link

1 hour ago, laudou said:

Here is my Google Drive link to my EFI folder.

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pdv3c3mDrlj40Lvr8eBq0J8R0q-kiVwM/view?usp=sharing

Try this with Catalina: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zkt3OQ70E4kWGFXnSUtc8W3TOQDmA9q2/view?usp=sharing 

I'm not that good with x99. We will have to adjust your EFi until everything works very well. If you can, enter Discord Olarila and see a message from me in Brazil and send me a message in private. It will be easier to tell you how to adjust things.

Discord: https://discord.gg/Yx5cd8Hw

Me: viniciusmi00#1149

Got it all working in Open Core. Had problems with reboot on idle but disabling AGDP from loading solved that. (Vega 56, iMac Pro 1,1 (to get HEVC&H265)). Then I tried to enable power management on the CPU which seems to work OOB. But anyways I tried the method in OpenCore using SSDT-PLUG-DRTNA.AML and cpufriend/cpufriendata but I cannot get it to go over 1.2Ghz with that trick... So question is have I misinterpreted OpenCore guide? It says Ivy Bridge-E should use the X86platformplugin-method. Since Xeon E5 V2 is Ivy bridge-EP I am not really sure if I should use that method that says Ivy Bridge-E ?

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/pm.html#enabling-x86platformplugin

On 11/8/2020 at 10:41 PM, anerik70-2 said:

I'm on Open Core this is my EFI be careful with DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml files

EFI.zip 1.74 MB · 12 downloads

Hello, I'm trying to get Big Sur installer to booot on a system like yours (Chinese motherboard with BIOS X79GA00E), but my CPU is E5-2620 V2. I tried your EFI but it won't boot the installer. I only see an apple logo with no progress bar, there stucked forever. Do you have any Idea how can I make it work on my CPU?

On 12/13/2020 at 7:45 PM, ChristoAta said:

Hello, I'm trying to get Big Sur installer to booot on a system like yours (Chinese motherboard with BIOS X79GA00E), but my CPU is E5-2620 V2. I tried your EFI but it won't boot the installer. I only see an apple logo with no progress bar, there stucked forever. Do you have any Idea how can I make it work on my CPU?

I think you should read up on the dortania guide. The one thing that got mine booted is I downloaded the SSDT-EC-DESKTOP.aml and put in OC. then it all worked.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, xayide said:

I think you should read up on the dortania guide. The one thing that got mine booted is I downloaded the SSDT-EC-DESKTOP.aml and put in OC. then it all worked.

But did you do anything else with the ACPI ? Did you extract and compile any ssdt or something? Or just used the .aml files provided by Dortania's guide?

I think the issue with my config is caused by doing something wrong with the files in the ACPI folder. What files do you have inside it?

On 4/9/2020 at 19.12, xayide said:

Saya memiliki Xeon E5 V2 lama (ivy bridge EP, sama seperti di Mac Pro 6,1). Saya tidak bisa seumur hidup saya mendapatkan pemasang besar untuk boot. Saya menggunakan Clover 2121. Saya membaca bahwa clover tidak kompatibel dengan sur besar karena perubahan dalam cara penggunaan prelink kernel secara normal. Haruskah saya menyerah atau mungkin beralih ke OopenCore?

Adakah yang punya komputer tua untuk mem-boot penginstal dan menginstal biaya besar? Jika demikian, alat apa yang Anda gunakan?

On 21/11/2020 at 14.46, xayide said:

Semuanya berfungsi di Open Core. Memiliki masalah dengan reboot saat idle tetapi menonaktifkan AGDP dari pemuatan menyelesaikannya. (Vega 56, iMac Pro 1,1 (untuk mendapatkan HEVC & H265)). Kemudian saya mencoba mengaktifkan manajemen daya pada CPU yang tampaknya berfungsi OOB. Tapi bagaimanapun saya mencoba metode di OpenCore menggunakan SSDT-PLUG-DRTNA.AML dan cpufriend / cpufriendata tetapi saya tidak bisa membuatnya lebih dari 1.2Ghz dengan trik itu ... Jadi pertanyaannya adalah apakah saya salah menafsirkan panduan OpenCore? Dikatakan Ivy Bridge-E harus menggunakan metode X86platformplugin. Karena Xeon E5 V2 adalah Ivy bridge-EP, saya tidak begitu yakin apakah saya harus menggunakan metode yang mengatakan Ivy Bridge-E?

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/pm.html#enabling-x86platformplugin

I have a big sur efi for Ivy Bridge opencore and clover if you want please contact me on WhatsApp 085294445102, if you still need