I decided to give a second life to this laptop and successfully installed macOS Catalina 10.15.6
- Intel Core i7-2630QM 2GHz
- 8192MB DDR3 RAM
- 500GB SATA SSD (MacOS Catalina)
- 64GB SATA SSD (Windows 10)
- 17.3" TFT
- AMD Radeon HD 6650M 2048MB and Intel HD 3000 512MB
- Atheros Gigabit Ethernet
- Laptop has a modded bios, with UEFI capabilities.
- OpenCore Legacy installed (USB and SSD).
- Use this to make Intel HD 3000 work with DSDT patch.
- SMCBatteryManager works fine and shows percentage correctly.
- SMCLightSensor works fine allowing bright control
- Use this guide to remap fn keys allowing brightness control (_Q11 and _Q12).
- I created my own patched DSDT (USBs, graphic card, battery).
- Use 12 ALC layout (injected in DSDT).
- Kexts used: Lilu, WEG, AppleALC, VoodooPS2, CPUFriend, VirtualSMC (remove SMCDellSensor), mXHCD and AtherosL1cEthernet.
- HDMI and VGA output don't work and they will not.
- At this moment, I am waiting for a Broadcom BCM94352HMB for bluetooth and wifi.
- OpenCore doesn't support booting from legacy Windows, so to boot it press F12 (boot menu) while memory test.
Flash the modded bios in Windows. Download here. FLASHING YOUR BIOS ALWAYS IS RISKY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE OF NOTHING RELATED WITH FLASHING BIOS. Apply these bios settings:
Create your USB installer no matter the method. Then, apply BootInstall.command to your USB. Copy. my EFI folder to EFI partition (USB), it will also have a boot file, do not remove it.
Install MacOS as normal.
Apply BootInstall.command to your HDD/SSD. Then, copy my EFI folder to EFI partition (HDD/SSD).
Install intel HD 3000 patch provided.